Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Hello, my little blog. I miss you...

11:30am on a random Tuesday morning, with tons of other things I should be doing seems like the perfect time to bring this poor neglected blog back to life.  There have been quite a few times over the last 2(!!!!) months that I've thought about blogging but for some reason (procrastination and/or laziness, perhaps) it just hasn't happened.

When I last left off, it was race day eve and I promised to write up a quick report about the Hagg Lake 50K.  Oops.  I guess that it still to come.  Also a write up about the 2014 Oregon Coast 50K...I know, I know, that's waaaaaaaaaay old news.  A nice review and GIVEAWAY!!! will be shortly forthcoming from seriously, one of my favorite products (spoiler alert) as well as a little insight into my current training and racing plans.  Not today though...soon...and I really do mean it this time...soon...like this week soon.

Now, for a quick catch up in life around Casa de Higgins.  It's busy and crazy as per usual.

Emme is in the beginnings of 6th grade track season and seems to be loving it.  She'll have her first meet this Thursday.  I think that she is looking to run the 800 and maybe do a couple field events.  I believe her goal is to work up the courage to do the 1500.

Calvin is taking this spring season of soccer season off...much to his dismay, although it does leave a lot more time for Wii playing.

Leona, on the other hand is playing soccer for the first time.  So far, she has had two practices and it seems like a good way to channel all of her extra energy.

Jonny is counting down the days until kindergarten starts...it could make for a very long summer.  Hopefully he is still so excited when it is finally fall.
Euan is a bully and constantly tormenting his older siblings, especially Jonny.  However, on occasion, he will fall asleep and we remember why it is we love him so much.
As for me, I'm adjusting to a 5 day a week running schedule (instead of 4) with longer week day runs and overall mileage that is higher than I've ever done before.  I've pretty much given up stroller running (maybe I need to change the name of this blog?!) which has made for some pretty early runs to get it all in.  I'm feeling stronger and as soon as I adjust to the earlier mornings without feeling like I need a nap every afternoon, I think it will be a great thing.

Dan is working hard and still continues to support all of my crazy running ideas.  Sometimes he even wakes up before I sneak out the door in the morning to remind me to be careful.

Anyway, that's a start.  Life is calling so I must go make it lunch.  Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Dick said...

Glad you're back in action (blogging)! Since it's been so long you've probably lost a few of your followers.

Piggyback Rider said...

Adorable kids! I love reading your blog.
Check out Piggyback Rider a standing child carrier. Its good for toddlers 2.5 y/o + up to
60lbs. Cheers!

Muhammad Waseem said...

BRS strives to provide the safest Unique Eco friendly Baby Products also Maternity clothes, Diaper bags, Baby registry, Baby onesies & Baby nursery items. Here are avail cloth diapers, stroller, baby carrier, baby monitor, baby items, baby gifts,high chair, maternity clothes, changing pad and diaper bag.