Monday, January 5, 2015

It's a new year...

and a new post!!! Planets must be aligning.  It has been 5 months since I last blogged!!! There have been several moments where I thought about blogging, but it just never happened.  In all honesty, I have really missed blogging and I really think that this comeback might be legit.  A lot has happened since I last blogged.  It could take a whole year just to catch up, so instead, I think I will catch up here and there when I'm so inclined, but mostly just move forward.

I'm really excited about 2015. Here's a brief outline of what's on tap:

  • I'm most likely running Hagg Lake 50K with my friends Katie and Heather.  It'll be Katie's first ultra and Heather and I will use it as a long run for our upcoming 50 miler, which brings me to bullet point #2.
  • Next week, I start my training plan for my first 50 miler!!! Heather and I, and hopefully Leslie (if she's not still fighting a nasty IT band) and Katie (if she gets hooked after her first 50K) will be heading south to increase our racing mileage at the San Francisco 50.  I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be an amazing experience.  
  • Heather, Leslie and I, as well as 3 yet to be named (anyone interested??) individuals were drawn to run as an ultra team in the Cascade Lakes Relay the end of July and that is going to be incredibly fun and ultimately one of the biggest adventures I have planned this summer. 
  • My late summer, early fall is still kind of up in the air.  I'm pretty positive I'm going to put in for Waldo 100K and if I don't get drawn for that (and maybe even if I do) I'm definitely going to put in for McKenzie River 50K.
That's it as far as racing/running plans so far for this new year.  I definitely have to finish writing about our Rogue adventures last summer and I had an amazing time at the inaugural Oregon Coast 50K in October that needs a write up too.  And I'm sure some updates on the kiddos are in order...all in good time.

Until then, Happy New Year.  Run Happy!!!
Me, Heather and Leslie at a New Year's Eve 10K

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! The blog is alive and well! Looking forward to being a part of your 2015 plans. Glad to see you are trolling for victims...I mean teammates...for our summer ultra team!!! :-)

Pahla Bowers said...

Wow, what a big year you have planned!! I'm so excited for your first 50 - you are going to love it! And I'm super happy to see you blogging again!!

katie cave said...

Yay! I made the blog!!! I'm so pumped to be part of your training plans but so bummed that I can't do Cascade with you guys. There is a small, but real (but small) chance that I will get the itch for a 50-miler ... but I'm taking baby steps into the world of crazy and have to get through this 50k first :) You are amazing!!!