Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday!!

I love Friday.  It's my favorite day of the week.  I've mentioned it several times before, but in case you've missed it, I love Friday because it is the beginning of everything, I still have the anticipation of the entire weekend ahead of me and as much as I love Friday, I REALLY love the weekend.  Weekends have so many possibilities...family outings, trips to the library, lounging around in my jammies all day, movie nights...long runs!!!  Call me sick, but I look forward to my long run all week long.  I love long runs.  I even get excited for those Saturdays that I have to wake up really early to get my long run in.

Tomorrow though, we are embarking on a super rare Saturday afternoon long run, which is even more exciting to me.  Instead of doing our normal mixture of road until it's a little bit lighter to see the trails better and then some trail running, we're devoting our entire run to the trail.  Yay!!  I had planned a nice little route along Ridgeline Trail where we do most of our trail running, but since we have more time, we're going to head out to Mt. Pisgah, which is just a short drive from our houses, but not right out our backdoors.  (I'm so spoiled, living where I live, Eugene is the best!)

As I mentioned, in my last post, it's always good to change things up a bit.  I love, love, love running on Ridgeline, but Pisgah is a great alternative and I haven't been out there since I did the 15 mile Frozen Trails race in Dec of 2012! Wow, was it really that long ago?!  (Which was so awful, that I never even got around to blogging about it.)  Seriously, the highlight of that race, besides being with good friends was the dead frog that I saw on the trail...it was very fitting, I felt like a dead frog.  It was cold, I wasn't in shape for it and it hurt.
Heather, Me, Audrey at the start
poor dead frog
Jim (husband of a friend), Audrey, Me, Heather and Doug (Heather's husband) at the finish... never been happier to be done with a race in my life!
Despite having rough racing experiences at Mt. Pisgah, it still holds a special place in my heart, as it was the sight of my first 50K and really the beginning of my real love for trail running.  So, Heather, Katie and I are heading to Pisgah tomorrow for a lovely afternoon 15-18 miles and I couldn't be more excited!

Then on Monday, 50 mile training officially starts...more about that soon.  Happy Friday, Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Pahla Bowers said...

I totally look forward to long runs, too!! They're one of the highlights of my week.
So happy to see you blogging regularly again - you and I must be on the same wavelength. It feels so good to be back!

Dick said...

Wow, Laurie! Three times in one week....I'm impressed! Since I rarely spend any time with Facebook your blog is about the only way I can keep track of your runs and check out pics of my grand kids. PLEASE keep it up!