Monday, April 7, 2014

Coming out of retirement...

I really don't have much to say, which is probably why this poor blog has been on a semi-permanent retirement.  Lately, however, I've been missing my blog and keep thinking it's time to unretire (is that a word? spell check says no... oh well) it, but then I find better things to do and another week goes by and another and then I'm so far behind that the thought of blogging and catching up on life seems overwhelming.  My last post was January 24th?!!  It is time, time to make a blogging come back!!

I have lots of things to catch up on.  We've had a few birthdays, quite a few holidays, no races but a lot of decent runs.  In fact, running is going very, very well right now.  I'm finally at the point where I feel like I've recovered most of the fitness I lost when I took my long break for my ankle issues.  When easy runs actually feel easy and long runs, although tiresome are enjoyable, and speedwork/hills leave me feeling confident, I start getting really, really excited about running.

This morning, Heather and I went for a nice and easy 6am 6miler and we didn't even have to start out with headlamps.  It was great!  I love early spring morning running.  We have some decent race plans for the year, including a 2-day 40 total mile trail run in celebration of Heather's big birthday earlier this spring (more on that in a later post).  Right now we're training for the Newport Marathon, the end of May, with the Hippie Chick Half thrown in there.  We'll do the 40 miler in July and then spend the rest of the summer getting ready for the Big Cottonwood Marathon in the fall.

Right now though, I need to get Leona a little bit more motivated to get out the door for school so I think my blogging time is up. I promise to be back though... this time sooner than 3 months.

I'll leave you with a random picture, going on my belief that every blog post is better with some type of picture.  Happy Monday!!


2 comments:

Pahla Bowers said...

Agreed! Love that photo!! And happy that you are unretiring. :)

ErinandShane said...

Not that you asked, but I would love to see the birthday cakes…a little blog inspiration perhaps?