Monday, January 13, 2014

800?!

Apparently this is my 800th post.  Seems like a pretty monumental occasion.  What better way to celebrate then to play catch up.  In all reality, I should've probably had my 800th post quite a few months ago and be well on the way to 900.  Good thing I didn't make a New Year's resolution to blog more regularly.  Ha!

So, catching up (partially)...

After Christmas, came Emme's birthday.  She is now officially in double digits.  The big 1-0!  There is nothing great about having a birthday the day after Christmas, but she manages to have a fantastic time every year.  We did some pretty minimal decorations
and in place of a birthday cake, decorated a giant gingerbread man lady cookie
but Emme still enjoyed every minute.

After the celebrations, the birthday girl (her stuffed polar bear, Freeze) and I went to see Frozen.
It was a cute movie and I definitely enjoyed the time out with my girl.

The day after Emme's birthday was Dan and my 12th anniversary.  We celebrated with roasted red pepper soup and a babysitter for a late movie.  (And of course another selfie.)
The day after our anniversary, a friend of mine got married, and having used up my baby sitting points for the month, Emme and I had another night out together.  (Which means, more selfies, while waiting for the wedding to start... lucky you!)
It was Emme's first wedding and was everything that she hoped it would be... especially the snacks at the reception.

After Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Emme's birthday, our anniversary,the wedding, and the Alamo Bowl (where the ducks won in marvelous fashion),
we decided to keep the party going with New Year's Eve.  In an attempt to be cool parent's, Dan and I decided that there would be no bed time and all the kiddos could stay up as late as they wanted.  Euan, asked to be put to bed a little after 9:30 but the other 4 were determined.  We played some games and had some tasty treats...
then around 10:30, Jonny caved and headed up to bed.  Emme & Calvin made it though, with no problem
 Leona, Dan and I were there too, but not quite as alert when the ball finally dropped.
Calvin and Emme, on the other hand were absolutely wired.  After watching the ball drop, we found them a movie to watch and then Dan and I conceded the night as well.  Apparently after their movie was over, Emme closed her eyes but Calvin went on to play the Wii for a while and may or may not have made it all the way until breakfast before finally giving up.

And now, we are several weeks into the new year.  I have started running again (hooray! more to come on that in future posts, I promise) and after a few rounds of the stomach flu, I think we're all ready to get this new year going.

2 comments:

Dick said...

I can't believe no one has commented yet. Congratulations on your 800th post, and hope that you can find the time to post 800 more! I enjoy reading about your runs, seeing pictures of my grand kids, and keeping somewhat abreast of the things going on in your family. Glad you found time to post, Laurie!

me/mom/NANA said...

This will be an easy, quick comment. I agree 100% with Dick's comments. Keep the posts coming!