Thursday, December 26, 2013

This poor blog...

Again it's been a month since I last blogged.  Ugh.  I really do want to keep up on here more.  Maybe I'll actually make a New Year's resolution this year... keep up with life.  Anyway, I haven't been running, which is probably a big reason that I haven't been blogging.  That and life has just been crazy.

As for the no running thing, I've been fighting with a wonky ankle for most of the fall and I finally decided that I needed a decent rest for it.  With the help of my favorite neonatologist (Heather's husband - a doctor is a doctor, no?) I've diagnosed my issue as ongoing Achilles tendinitis and perhaps a touch of peroneal tendonitis.  I spent 3 weeks in a boot and am now taking off the rest of the year from running.  Then, in January, I plan to ease back into things slowly and hope for the best.  This definitely puts a damper on the big running plans I had for 2014, (a 50 miler in July for starters) since I had hoped to start upping my mileage in February and now I hope to merely be running in February but I'm in this running thing for the long term and, if I take good care of myself now, there'll be plenty of time for more races.  Anyway, enough about my running woes...

We've been having a great holiday season.  I do hope to officially catch up on it at some point.  We had a fantastic Christmas Eve, filled with jammies and games, then Christmas day filled with super tasty food, gifts and more jammie wearing, today is Emme's 10th birthday, she and I will go see Frozen tonight) and tomorrow is Dan and my 12th anniversary, we have a sitter and are going to go watch the new Hobbit movie.  It's a busy time and we're making the best of it.  Until I can spend some more time on here, the best I can do here is a Christmas Eve (fuzzy photo booth) special:

Happy Belated Holiday Wishes from the Higgins

4 comments:

Raina R. said...

Sorry to hear about your boot! It is interesting to me to read though, and can imagine it will really speed up the healing of the peroneal tendon- and the AT.
Love the family photo! Happy Birthday to your little girl, and Happy Anniversary to you and Dan!

Krista Lou Cook said...

it must be so hard for you not to run! Loved all your fun photos!

Elizabeth said...

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and by the time I get cards out - Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Loved the pictures!

Alanah. said...

I have just stumbled across your blog, you have run some amazing races! The scenery is gorgeous, I had been considering the idea of a few trail runs and I think you might have inspired me to give them a go!