Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm in denial...

I have such an incredible amount of stuff to get done, yet I'm sitting here blogging. I actually sat down to read a book but said to myself, "Self, (because that's what I call myself) you don't have time to read a book. You're running a marathon on Saturday, you're moving sometime in the next few weeks (we're going back to Eugene!) there is laundry to be done and a whole house to pack, not to mention everyday cleaning that has been neglected for the past oh, I don't know, everyday." But then, the sun broke through the clouds and Euan fell asleep and Jonny asked nicely to play the wii and so, here I sit, blogging on my little phone because I'm too unmotivated to even get up and get the computer and even after I'm done blogging, I'll still probably read for a bit. 

I think I'm in slight denial about all that I have to do. I remember when running a marathon used to really, really stress me out. At this moment, I'm not even sure what I'm going to wear to race, or what I'm going to fuel with, or if I'm going to carry my own water, if so in my handheld or my backpack?!  (Okay, maybe I'm s little stressed.) And as far as moving goes, I am amazingly stressed out but I'm denying it. I'd like to believe that I have all the time in the world, but I don't. I love to move, but absolutely hate moving. Does that make sense?!

Anyway, that's probably enough complaining for one session. 3 posts in a row, I'm not sure I'd call it a comeback yet, but it's definitely a streak. I only have 3 more race reports to do sometime (one of those almost a year old, is there a statute of limitations on race reporting?!) and two summer birthdays to document... I'm getting there, slowly but surely. 

As a bonus and because every post deserves a picture, here is my sad attempt at a nap yesterday. Jonny and Euan didn't comply. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love reading your posts and getting caught on what's happening. I can't really give you a hard time, because I haven't blogged in a while and have several pending posts..