Thursday, June 6, 2013

Rushed but relaxed.

So, after saying yesterday that "I will" get a run in, I had no choice but to do it.  I'm pretty sure that had it not been National Running Day and had I not vowed on this blog to go for a run, I probably wouldn't have taken the effort.  I knew that by the time Dan got home from work, I would have about an hour to get out the door, get a run in, take a shower and get ready to go, pick up a girl from church and get to our church activity... the run was going to have to be short and speedy.  I got ready to run, made a no frills dinner (pancakes and eggs) and literally walked out the door as Dan was walking through it.

I didn't just want to run to say that I had run, but I wanted to go for a nice enjoyable run to remind myself what it is about running that I love so much.  To do this, I wore my Run Eugene shirt that I got from Brooks at the Olympic Trials last year... it makes me happy and I headed towards Mingus Park via a small trail system, that although short, is at least a trail and in my opinion there is no better running than trail running.
Even though I didn't have much time, I managed to take several pictures and get 3 quick miles in.  More importantly though, I went for a run that was nothing more than a run... a run to reconnect with running itself and it was great.

I got home in time to shower quickly, kiss Dan and the kids goodbye and rush back out the door.  I picked up the girl and we were only 5 minutes late to the activity, coincidentally the amount of time I had to wait for her to be ready.

6 comments:

Jenna Lovell said...

Ah, a non-stressful run (mostly). YAY!

I just saw something that surprised me, on the upper left margin of your blog. You have runs logged for about every-other day there. Sometimes I feel bad when I don't get my exercise in, on every day but Sunday. Like today...it hasn't happened yet. I remembered when I saw your little log there though that it's okay to miss a day here and there. I had a good run yesterday, and have one planned with a buddy tomorrow morning, so even if it never happens today, I'm good! Funny how I get so many good answers for my life by reading your blog, eh? :)

Diana Martinez said...

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures! Makes me want to go for a run! =)

Callie. said...

Man, that Oregon is a beautiful place.

Callie. said...

Man, that Oregon is a beautiful place.

Callie. said...

Man, that Oregon is a beautiful place.

Silvia said...

Awesome job! Love seeing the photos, I miss Oregon very much!! Keep running :)