Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day

Yes, I'm stalling in writing my Eugene Marathon race report.  I'll give you a spoiler though,  I didn't get my BQ and I didn't even manage to get a PR.  A race that started off so well, just completely fell apart and honestly, I'm still in the middle of processing it.  In the mean time, however, I came across this and thought I'd share it...


Today is the first day of May.  It is going to be a beautiful day (at least here on the coast), breathe in the sunshine, pick some wildflowers and find whatever peace it is you're looking for.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy May Day Laurie. We are celebrating May Day with snow.

Great picture and definitely something to remember.

Jake has decided that he wants to run the Pre next year. I was all in and agreed to run with him – until I looked it up and realized it was a 10k and not a 5k. I told him you would probably be willing to run it with him. 

ErinandShane said...

Well PR or not I still like your face!

Diana Martinez said...

I love this quote! Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Love the quote! Take a few deep breaths because "trying again" is just 4 weeks away!!! :) And I agree on the expiration date for dreams because I figure that we can power walk our way to Boston when we are 80 if we haven't made it yet!

BeePie Runs said...

I have been thinking about you a lot the past few days because I have been where you are sooo many times! You will get that BQ someday and it will be so much sweeter when you do! Hugs!!

Marci said...

You are the bomb! Don't forget it.

Dick said...

I promise I'll send your Eugene pictures today so you can do your update. Sorry, Laurie!!!!

Catey said...

I was thinking of you all weekend! Sorry it didn't go how you hoped. You'll get there for sure! And even if it wasn't the race you wanted, know there are still plenty of us out here who aspire to be like you!

Love this quote-just what I needed this week. My marathon is 16 days away and I threw my back out a few days ago-haven't been able to stand up straight since Monday, let alone run.