Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bleh...

Ever have those days where you just don't want to get out of your bed and if you do manage to actually get out of bed and get dressed and appear presentable you don't want to do anything else but just sit around and feel sorry for yourself for no apparent reason?  No, just me?  Those days come for me, oh, I don't know about every 28 days or so +/-.  First I want to kill everyone in sight and then I want to cry and then I just want to do nothing.  Oh the joys of being a girl (or should I say woman).

If you couldn't tell, I'm in the midst of the want to do nothing stage.  It was all I could do to drag my sorry self out of bed this morning.  On the schedule was a 1-2 mile warm up, 5-6 miles tempo, followed by a 1-2 mile cool down.  I got up and got dressed and was just not feeling it.  I almost changed back out of my running clothes and went back to bed.  If they hadn't been the exact same clothes I had worn running yesterday morning, I probably would've just climbed back in.  Since I was up and dressed and it wasn't even 5am yet and I knew if I didn't go out the door I would beat myself up all day I finally went.  I knew there was no way that it was going to be a 10 mile day though.  I also knew there was no way I was going to be doing 6 or even 5 miles at tempo pace.  I settled on a mile warm up, 4 miles at tempo and 1.5 miles for cool down for 6.5 total on the morning.  It wasn't great, but it was good and honestly I am really proud of myself for doing it because I really, really didn't want to.  I just told myself the old cliché, "the only run you'll regret is the one you don't take", which I have found to be true 100% of the time and 90% of the time, it works all the time to get me out the door.  Ha!

In other news, we have a toe biter.  What is a toe biter you ask?  Here, let me show you:





Seriously, this kid is a monster.  He prefers toes that are inside of socks and I think he might be more attracted to brightly colored socks.  Other than that he doesn't seem to be too picky.  He'll occasionally go for heels and once even managed to get me on my Achille's tendon.  Sometimes we call him our little piranha. We should've had a puppy instead.  At least people expect to get chewed on by a puppy...  instead of, "Whoa!  Is your kid trying to bite my toes?!"

6 comments:

Diana Martinez said...

6.5 when you're not feeling it is very impressive.

Also, ow. Toe biter!

Micha said...

I'm having that kind of day too, only instead of going running I sat home and sobbed through a chick flick. You handled it MUCH better.

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

When I write my post tomorrow, don't think that I copied you. Today, on the 28th day, I rested. Well, got up, turned off the alarm and went back to bed at 4:15am. You are a better woman than I.

Angela said...

Laurie, I have to say those are some cute pictures. That's funny that he's a toe biter.

Good for you for getting up and going running. I've done nothing but one strength training session this week. It's been a rough, very stressful week. But buying a car is always stressful.

Kate Upton said...

I've read your blog post and found lots of information that was helpful for make me update on this field. I'll visit your blog again to learn and know more new things. Thanks again for your valuable post.

Thanks,
Sit and Stand Stroller

Amy Will said...

Great post and I definitely have those "I don't want to get out of bed" mornings! I've never heard of a "toe biter" but now I know. My son is 3 months old, so now I feel prepared just in case he turns into a toe biter in the future :)