Thursday, April 11, 2013

Random Pictures

I can't imagine life without this little guy... I'm so glad he decided to surprise us with his presence in our family.  He can be quite a handful at times,
 but then other times, he cuddles up on the ground with his blanket and just about breaks my heart.
I'm pretty sure that he and Jonny are going to be great friends... when they're not being great enemies.  When I got back from my run this morning, I found they had taken up residence in my bed:


Speaking of running, it's going well.  Only 17 more days until Eugene!!!  Stanley (my treadmill) is having issues, so I've been running outside... early... very early.  It's been a rough couple of weeks adjusting to those early, early mornings again, but I'm starting to get used to it and even enjoying them (when I'm done).

This morning, when I crept out of the house in the dark, I noticed that my favorite little slimy creatures have found their way to the only pretty thing in my yard.
Since I have a soft spot for snails, I let it stay.  If it had been a slug, however, the lily would've been pest free.  As for the lily, I was very surprised when it bloomed the other day.  I had no idea what the ugly giant leaves were right outside our front door.
There are a couple of other blossoms that are about to bloom also.  I'm really excited.  It almost makes up for our very overgrown weedy lawn.  (We desperately need to get a lawn mower/weed eater).

Last night, 3 of my boys were looking awfully cute cuddling together in the chair so I pulled out my camera...
and managed to capture Euan flying off Dan's lap.
Even though it doesn't look like Dan is going to move, his super hero reflexes kicked in and he managed to catch Euan by his toes before he face planted.  It was a close one though.

And then there is Leona.  What more can I say?!

We're headed to story time at the library in a few hours.  Does anyone have a great (or even mediocre) book suggestion for me?  I'm in desperate need of something to read and I just don't have a clue what to pick up.

3 comments:

BeePieRuns said...

Aww! I just love all of L's polka dots! Too cute :-). No good book suggestions here, I'm in need of a good book too!

Katrina said...

Love the update. Your kids are so incredibly cute. Have you read Rules of Civility by Amor Towles? I enjoyed that one. I just read the Night Circus and it was interesting. I'm still on the fence about how much I liked it though. I think I need to read it again, haha. It's from an interesting perspective. Those are the only two books I've read this year that have sucked me in other than the Bloody Jack series. :)

pepperland67 said...

I will suggest anything by Bill Bryson - he is hilarious & you'll learn something too. Do you like history? If you do, you should check out anything by David McCullough, or Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, it's the story of a WWII soldier who is captured - and he just so happens to be a runner. :)