Friday, April 12, 2013

I bought myself something...

Well, actually first, I ebayed away a couple of things, that I didn't really need

  then I bought myself something that I convinced (who am I kidding, it didn't take much convincing) myself I really did need... new trail shoes!!!
Brooks Pure Grit 2
I am so excited.  They came yesterday and I wore them around the trails in my living room & kitchen all evening.  I can't wait to try them for real.

Now all I need is to get picked for this race (Heather and I are keeping our fingers crossed) and then hurry and get done with Eugene (Apr 28) and the Hippie Chick Half (May 11) and Newport (Jun 1) and the South Coast Half  (Jun 15) so that I can rest find some trails to run on and get in 50K shape.  I can't wait!!!

Hooray, it's Friday!  What are you excited about today?  Bought yourself anything recently that you just "couldn't live without"?

5 comments:

Marci said...

Wow! I feel overwhelmed just reading your race schedule. I can't wait to see you soon.

me/mom/NANA said...

The only thing I seem to buy lately is bubble wrap. I do get toick the color. Clear or green! I love your shoes. Can't wait to see you and all about your run/race on the 28th. We know you will do great!

Diana Martinez said...

Are those Lulu skirts? Love! =)

Heather said...

Oh man--I hadn't thought of checking eBay for cute running clothes! I've been trying to plan my outfit for Newport. Love the skirts! And I think you should offer to do a great MRTR review so we can for sure run it. I have some trail shoes that need a good workout too!

Katy said...

That race is on my 2014 wish list! I hope you get in!