Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter (better late than never)

I just can't seem to stay on top of this blogging thing.  I realized this morning while I was running that I had yet to post about Easter and since it was over a week ago I better get on it before my grandma disowns me.  I think that having Easter be at the end of spring break kind of threw me off a bit.  That and having it be the day after my 22 mile run and a day full of soccer and track.  Also, it could have a little bit to do with the fact that I've really been slacking when it comes to holidays lately.  Let's look back a bit...

Halloween, we made it to the pumpkin patch and even a costume party and trick or treating but we never actually carved our pumpkins.  Then Christmas came and we didn't get a Christmas tree.  Emme's birthday... did I make her a cake?  I honestly can't remember.  Jonny's birthday, I barely made him a cake.  Then Easter...

Well, I don't have much to say about it.  Saturday afternoon we searched for plastic eggs in the backyard and ate a little bit of candy, but didn't dye eggs.





Sunday, the kids got up at 6 and found their Easter baskets (which, for the first time in their lives, the Easter bunny hadn't hidden)
The Easter Bunny?
and I got up and took a few terrible pictures on my phone before going back to bed for a bit.


is it ever too late in the year for Christmas jammies? 

Then we got up and went to church and came home, took some naps and had a really tasty dinner.  After dinner, I realized that I forgot to get pictures of the kids in their Sunday best (no new Easter dresses this year) so I had them get changed for a few quick pictures in hopes to get one good one.




And that was Easter.  We did finally dye some Easter eggs... on Wednesday.






 The kids had a great time doing it and didn't seem to care that Easter had been over for several days.  Emme and Calvin were very meticulous, Leona did several eggs in variating shades of pink, Jonny dyed the same egg over and over again, in about every color until it was a nice blackish color and Euan  enjoyed playing under the table.




5 comments:

Micha said...

I love it! This is real life for sure... our eggs are still in the fridge undyed. At least I boiled them on Saturday right before Easter. The good intentions count, right?

Lindsey and Isaac said...

The pictures of the kids are awesome! Johnny is a little stud!

Diana Martinez said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect Easter to me! =)

Elizabeth said...

We skipped dying eggs this year. What's really funny is that MaKenna is the only one that noticed - and she only noticed yesterday!

Sounds like a great Easter and it fit perfectly into a busy family of 7 schedule.

BeePieRuns said...

We only dyed eggs because we were at my mom's and she did it with the kids... and we didn't get new dresses either. Sometimes trying to fit it all in is way too stressful and takes the joy out of the holiday. I blame Pinterest. ;)