Friday, March 22, 2013

What is it...

about breaks from school, i.e. Spring Break, Summer Break, Winter Break... that scream, "Hey, how about a good dose of the stomach flu?!"  We officially started spring break yesterday afternoon, which means that Jonny woke up this morning looking a little green.  It wasn't long before he was throwing up... again and again and again.  So much for hoping it was just a fluke.  Good news is, we didn't have any plans to do anything super fun, although I'm not sure we had plans to get the flu either.  Hopefully, it will stay contained to just him.  Ha! Yeah right.  In a household this size, with the germs that we share on a daily basis, despite my best attempts at encouraging good hygiene and the constant use of strategically placed hand sanitizers, it's only a matter of time.  Maybe I can avoid it though... moms don't have time to be sick.  If I can't, maybe it will be just enough of a loss of appetite filled with a small dose of throwing up to get rid that little bit of baby weight that my body seems to not want to part with so that I can reach my "goal race weight".  Ha ha... I'm kidding... mostly.

In other news, and because every post needs some sort of a picture, I was a little shocked when I checked the weather just now, to see what we're in for while we're quarantined inside.  I think someone changed the weather info on my phone to celsius... either that or it's a lot colder outside than it looks.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hope Jonny is feeling better really quick and that everyone else says healthy. Enjoy Spring Break!!

BeePieRuns said...

Oh man that stinks! I hope none of the rest of you get it. And that you can enjoy your spring break (which by the way, what part of spring is 12º??? sheesh!)

BeePieRuns said...

Oh man that stinks! I hope none of the rest of you get it. And that you can enjoy your spring break (which by the way, what part of spring is 12º??? sheesh!)