Thursday, February 21, 2013

Don't feed the kids...

I don't know what it is about my kiddos, but they go crazy after every. single. meal. I honestly don't think it would matter if I fed them tofu and carrots or donuts and chocolate milk, their little bodies draw out whatever tiny bit of sugar content the food holds and the results are the same... pure insanity. They may as well be mainlining it. It's almost like they're Gremlins, except instead of not feeding them after midnight, they shouldn't be fed EVER!

Seriously, my kids + any type of food = out of control monsters. I'm not even exaggerating. They can't sit still in their seats and have been known to get up on more than one occasion to do some random dance move or race around the living room/kitchen/dining area. (We're so lucky to have one of those enter from either side dining room/kitchens aka indoor track for kids.). Many a dessert has been forfeited due to ensuing craziness while the dinner dishes were still being cleared.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one that has children that are secretly food crazed aliens?!

Anyway, in other non running related but crazy animal news, we have a new puppy... Ha!

7 comments:

Dick said...

I LOVE my grandkids!!!! Walt is getting kind of old Laurie...Euan looks like he could be in the running as a legitimate replacement, but I have a few questions. Have you taught him to swim yet? Would he respond to hand signals and whistle commands? Do you think he'd retrieve a dead mallard as well as he does a sock? Or do you think he might not like a mouthful of feathers? Let me know...I'm having a tough time finding Chesapeake puppies!

XLMIC said...

My kids are pretty nuts whether fed or hungry :P Have fun with the pup!!

ErinandShane said...

I'd trad you problems at this point. My kid won't even eat peanut butter and jelly and walks around like a zombie because of her stubborn hunger strike.

p.s. I love your new pet! Teach him to fetch your running shoes to go with those socks and you're set.

JazznJenna said...

FOOD? Is that what's been causing it? I couldn't figure it out, but now I am sure that you're right! I thought it was something in the air or in our water, but it is all coming together now. I'm so glad you solved this mystery for me because we have GREMLINS in our house every day too. And usually especially on Sundays, the day when we're all cooped up together for the longest period of time. Now I know. So the question is--how do we keep them alive without giving them food?

Elizabeth said...

We use to give each kid 4 or 5 M&Ms in front of thier plate when we sat down to eat dinner. As they acted up, or even got up (before being excused) during dinner we took 1 away. If they had any when the meal was over - they got to eat them. It worked pretty well after they got over the initial shock of dad eating thier M&Ms and us following through! (We adjusted the rules for the age.)

Elizabeth said...

This didn't work the 1st time I posted it and I don't want you to think that because I posted what we have done in the past that my children are angels...

We don't really have issues at dinner - probably because by the time I get home and get dinner made they are starving. they will eat just about anything. :)

Now, on the other hand, my kids go crazy and act like they have never seen daylight anytime we get company. I'm thankful that people don't visit us very often. I've been utterly embarrassed more times than I can count.

BeePieRuns said...

Love your new puppy ;)