Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weekend in review...

Believe it or not, I did start this post yesterday... but then life happened and well, I'm happy to be taking the time to finish it at all.  I don't really know what I do with all my time but blogging definitely hasn't seemed to be part of it lately.

Saturday, I went on my longest long run of this training session so far...16 miles with the mid 6 at race pace.  When my alarm went off at 5:30, it scared me to death.  I only set it as a back up plan because Euan consistently wakes up at 5:06 every morning.  Of course the day I'm going to run early he decided to sleep in.  After getting myself ready and waking Euan up to eat, then tucking him in bed with Dan, I was out the door.  It was cool but not raining... until I got up the hill from my house and then it started pouring.  The rest of my run was like that wind and rain then clear skies...so goes the winter weather on the Oregon Coast.  The run itself went pretty well once I got into it.  I did a little bit better keeping my pace somewhat consistent and was pleased with my splits.  

I was also met with another beautiful sunrise.  There is definitely something magical about running in the predawn world.
 
Dan texted me shortly after 8am, which made me happy... I love it when my early morning running doesn't affect my family's ability to sleep in.

I also saw some interesting signs on my way home.  This one, in a shop window caught my attention, so I had to stop to see what it said.
Here's what is says:
The Woman's Guide to Love and Lasting Relationships
1.  Find a man who makes you laugh.
2.  Find a man who has a good job and can cook.
3.  Find a man who is honest.
4.  Find a man who will pamper you and give you gifts.
5.  Find a man who is awesome in the bedroom.
6.  Most of all, it is VERY IMPORTANT that those five men NEVER meet.

Ha!  It made me laugh out loud.  I don't even know what kind of store it was in the window of... that might have made it even better.

Then, just over a mile from home, I passed a church with this on their sign board.
I don't know why, but this seemed kind of funny to me.  I guess the church wanted to get in with all the New Year's Resoluters. ("resoluter", one who makes resolutions... yes, I made it up, but think it should be a real word.)

My parents came up for a visit on Sautday too.  They were tired of the snow in Klamath Falls and felt a trip to the beach was in order.  We were more than happy to oblige.  Poor Dan finally was overcome with the head cold that we've been passing around so he stayed home to nap with Euan, but the rest of us had a great time.  It was windy and cold but at least the sun was out.





Jonny had  a great time flying the kite.  He thought he was pretty cool.
This was just before he let go of it, and it flew far, far, far away over those trees.

It took me a while, but I was finally able to track it down and after even longer was able to free it from it's piney captors.
There are definitely worse things than living by the ocean.  I may get homesick (for Eugene) quite regularly, but at least I've got the beach. 

Happy Tuesday.  Hope your week is off to a great start.

2 comments:

BeePieRuns said...

Yes, blogging can take a backseat can't it? I love your beach pictures! And GREAT JOB on your long run - that's some excellent pacing, right there :-)

Heather said...

You rocked it on your long run! Nice job! You are going to kill it in Eugene. Just so you know, Eugene gets homesick for you, too. The running trails miss your happy feet. :) Loved the signs--they made me laugh too!