Friday, January 25, 2013

Hello weekend...

2 blog posts in a row?!  It's a streak...

I'm glad today is Friday.  For being a short week, it sure has been a long one.  I have a love/hate relationship with Fridays.  I love them because they're the start of the weekend and also my kids don't have school so there isn't any early morning run around.  I hate them because... well, my kids don't have school.  Ha!

Today for example, I stayed in bed until after 8am... awesome!  Jonny finally came in and started rearranging Dan's pillows and pulling the blankets up.  When I asked him what he was doing he replied, matter of factly, "making. your. bed."  (All the periods, because that's how he talks. In. Single. Word. Sentences. with a good couple seconds between each one.)  "Oh, then I should probably get up so you can finish."  "Yes, Mommy.  Get. UP!"

The other thing I love about Friday is it is the day before my long run.  Maybe it's because I have been spending so much time on the treadmill but every week I look forward to my Saturday morning long run.  I'll get up before everyone else and head out into the dark and rainy world to get my miles in.  I love it!  Just me and my feet.  Tomorrow, I'm looking forward to 16 miles with 6 of those at marathon race pace.  It's going to be awesome!!

My parents and my baby brother (he's 19, almost 20) are coming into town this weekend.  We don't have anything super exciting planned, but might go crabbing.  I've never gone crabbing before and I'm really not the biggest fan of crabs but it should be fun nonetheless.  I know that the kids are excited.  I think that while our pots are soaking we'll head out to the beach to get soaked ourselves.  Even a rainy day on the beach is a good day because you're still on the beach.

Anyway, I've had way too much uninterrupted blogging time, which means my kiddos must be up to something... better go check it out.


Here's my random, every post needs a picture, picture:

Happy Weekend!


I just realized that I still have never written up a race report for the Frozen Trail Runfest... soon, I promise!

1 comment:

BeePieRuns said...

My kids were home from school today and it went much better than I was expecting! But I don't know if I could handle it every week ;-)
Have a great long run - I'm doing my first long run in 2 months tomorrow and I'm excited/nervous.