Friday, December 21, 2012

Wow...

So, Christmas is Tuesday... as in today is Friday, then there is Saturday, followed by Sunday, then Monday, then TUESDAY!!!!  Since Monday is Christmas Eve and Sunday is church, and today is already happening, that really only leaves tomorrow to get ready!  I don't know what happened this year but I have been totally out of it when it comes to being prepared for Christmas.  I'm not worried about gifts, those have all been taken care of (outside of a couple of homemade items that I need to finish up for my girls).  I've even managed to make a few Christmas treats.  The thing that concerns me is that we haven't even decorated yet!!  We don't even have a tree!  I feel so badly for my kiddos... what kind of lame mom doesn't put up ANY Christmas decorations?!  At this point, I'm not even sure if it is prudent to get a tree.  Luckily Emmeline and Calvin had Christmas parties at school yesterday where they decorated cookies
Emme's Medusa Ginerlady
and came home with a few homemade decorations.  At least they kind of were able to get into the Christmas spirit.

I am taking some time today to get my Christmas cards out in the mail.  Yes, I know that there is very little chance in them reaching people before Christmas.  I wisely chose somewhat generic "season" cards.  That way, when people don't receive them until closer to New Year's maybe they'll think that I wasn't super lame but just wanted to cover all the holidays.

I really think that the move and the 5th kid (even though I've had many months to adjust to both) really threw me off.  I don't know what I've been doing, but it surely hasn't been blogging (still need to tell you about the awfulness that was my time at the Frozen Trail Runfest) or decorating for holidays.  Maybe that's something for me to work on in the new year.  The best part is, I used to be crazy when it came to holidays.  For Emme's first real holiday (Valentine's Day) I went all out, with gifts and decorations as well as a nice dinner for Dan's parents and my grandma... and Valentine's Day is a sad excuse for a holiday.  I think that's why I'm feeling so much guilt towards Christmas... Euan doesn't even have a stocking!

So, enough on here.  It's time to turn Pandora to a Christmas station and get busy on this holiday that is almost over already.  Happy last weekend before Christmas... hope it's a good one!

4 comments:

XLMIC said...

We have a tree and that's about it. I still haven't really done the shopping :P

Hope your holidays are magical and wondrous!

Lindsey and Isaac said...

I think Christmas came fast this year regardless! I'm excited to hear about the race, everyone said it was tough. Sorry we missed you at church the next day. Merry Christmas! Oh, and we just got to Klamath Falls tonight, the roads were tough to get through!

Micha said...

Hand the kids a pile of coffee filters and some scissors. You'll have dozens of snowflakes (and piles of confetti) in no time! At least this is Oregon where there are trees outside pretty much all the time. Tie ribbon bows or strings of popcorn on one and tell the fam it's the year for a sustainable holiday. I'm sure no one will even notice ;)

Heather said...

Love turning on Pandora for Christmas music! And I fully support Michelle's "sustainable" Christmas tree. Perhaps you could pick out a holiday tree in the yard and decorate it for every holiday that comes up! I'm liking that idea.