Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12.12.12

I interrupt this break in blogging, by actually blogging.  Crazy, I know!  I couldn't let the last day in my lifetime of the dates for the month day and year being the same and not comment on it.  Did you know that to my knowledge there isn't a good name for such an occurrence?!  From my quick Google research, the best thing I could come up, according to WikiAnswers, is the palendri-cal phenomenon, however I also came across  "digit day"... I'm sure there is something better.  How are you spending 12.12.12?

In the past 5 years, I have only missed blogging on "palendri-cal" day once, on 08/08/08.  My blog didn't start until August of 2007, so I was off the hook for July of that year and apparently I was too caught up in adjusting to life with 3 kids in early August of 2008 to notice the day.  I did however, make a mention on 09/09/09, on 10/10/10 and again on 11/11/11.  Cool beans, no?  And here you thought me coming out of my blogging hiatus meant that I had something really awesome to talk about.  Silly you.  :)

Right now, life is life.  I've been living it up on the treadmill and sneaking in a long outside run on the weekends.  I have a race run on Saturday that I'm really looking forward to.  I say run, because, well, I don't really plan to race it.  Really, my only goals are to have a lot of fun, get really muddy and hopefully keep up with Heather enough that we can talk about some races that I do want to race next year.  Speaking of next year, I did something crazy the other night and signed up for a fall marathon that I've been really wanting to do for a long time... more on that another time.

The kiddos are all doing well.  Euan basically has the crawling thing down.  It is still more of an army scoot but he can get where he wants to.  Jonny, is Jonny.  Leona is crazy... we've been eating a lot of English Muffins lately (I got a good deal on a "family pack") and she insists on calling them Spanish Bagels.  Calvin is loving life and all things soccer and/or Wii related.  Emme turns 9 this month and seems like she is easily 13.  She's coming to Eugene with me for the race and then she, my mom, Euan and I are going to stay the weekend in Albany (where my mom is working for a week) to have an early birthday celebration for her.  Dan is working hard (leaves by 7am and rarely home before 6pm) and staying super busy.  We miss him (even though he comes home every day) and look forward to spending time with him on the weekends.

That's about it.  I've officially cooled off from my treadmill run and am no sitting here freezing... also Euan is telling me that I've run out of time for taking a shower, so I really better hurry.  Hope the holiday season is treating you well.  I hope to blog again soon...

Until then,  since every post needs a picture, I'll leave you with my silly girl in all her girliness.

5 comments:

Jane said...

I just blogged on this same topic and I agree! It requires mention! I'd have loved to run 12 miles to celebrate, but I'm not quite there yet so I did a little 12/12/12 workout as my celebration. And you are right, there really should be a better name for this occurrence.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

WHAT!?! Signed up for a marathon WITHOUT discussing it with me??? Let me guess--you were just saving that piece of info for something interesting to talk about on our 14-mile slog this weekend?

Heather said...

Okay--now I am just making a mess of your blog comments! Sorry! I had a typo on my comment so I wanted to fix it. But now it just says I deleted a comment. And everyone knows when you see a comment has been deleted on a blog, EVERYBODY wonders what it said that warranted deleting it! But it was just a typo--nothing more. What terrible blog commenting etiquette I have!

Joleane said...

12-12-12 was James' 40th birthday. He had a final that day and then studied for another final all afternoon and evening. We took him soup for lunch. But still, a very cool day!