Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin patch, pumpkin patch...

having lots of fun at the pumpkin patch.  

I love going to the pumpkin patch.  Dan and I went together long before we had kids and in some ways it is even more fun now to take the kids... although to make it the optimal experience would be to combine the two, Dan & the kids.  Alas, I did survive without him, as did all 5 kids and the 4 pumpkins we brought home.
 We had a great time and took lots of pictures with my fancy new phone:

 We saw some goats.
 A rabbit.
 Euan was there.
 Spent a lot of time finding the perfect pumpkin.
 Took some more self-portraits.
 Found another perfect pumpkin.
 Found a pumpkin worthy of cuddles.
 Went for wagon rides.
 Found, yet one more, perfect pumpkin.
 Posed by the tractor.
 Took more self-portraits... different kid.
 
 Went on a hay ride.
 Played it cool & put out the vibe for all the ladies.
 Posed with the scarecrow.

 Harassed the dog.
 Fed the goats.
 Got stuck in the hay...

 then called it a day.

Well technically an afternoon because that evening, the kids and I minus JS (aka Jonny) went to Calvin's school to watch Madagascar 3 in the gym.  Leona's favorite part was posing by the giraffe head... she waited the entire movie to get to do so.
 And a bonus picture, in case you didn't already see it on Facebook or Instagram, I have to share this picture of my sweet (at least when he's sleeping) little boy, all tucked into my bed... because it makes my heart so happy.

4 comments:

me/mom/NANA said...

Yet another GREAT post. Where is this pumpkin patch? I think one of my favorite photo has to be "the boy and the vibe". So great!

Micha said...

What a fun day!! Your kids are so darling.

Laurie said...

My mom is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie said...

My mom is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!