Friday, October 19, 2012

Just life.

I haven't been blogging.  I've been really busy.  I'm not really sure what I've been busy with... I guess just life and life at the laundromat... still haven't fixed the dyer.  :(   I've also been reading books and trying not to waste my day on the internet... and since I can never seem to just spend a few minutes blogging without clicking on this blog, then that blog, then that link followed by that link I've been somewhat avoiding my blog and my computer all together.

Running is going well.  I feel like I am finally starting to get back some of my endurance and speed. Stanley has helped with that.  He's been my go to running escape 3 days a week.  I use him for what Dan has coined, "fake running".  Treadmill running really isn't even close to the same as running outside but I'm glad to be running nonetheless.  I have promised myself that, no matter what, I will get in a "real run" at least once a week... hopefully my longer runs.  I've recently taken to listening to podcasts while I run... it sure makes the treadmill running time pass a lot faster.  The other day, I listened to an interview with James Varner (of rainshadow running fame) on ultrarunnerpoadcast.com and found out about a bunch of awesome sounding 50Ks I'd love to run, especially the Gorge Waterfalls 50K... I suppose first though I need to get back up into double digit daily mileage.  I do think that I have my next race figured out.  Eclectic Edge racing has finally posted their courses for the upcoming Frozen Trail Runfest.  You might remember that last year Heather and I did the 50K and it was (mostly) awesome.  Although there isn't much chance of me making it 31+ miles this year, I don't see why the 14.2 miler wouldn't be achievable.  I won't be able to hit up Mt. Pisgah at all before race day like I did last year, but at least I have an idea of what I'm getting myself into and I'm pretty sure I can find some hills somewhere around here to run.  Ha!  If nothing else it gives me something to work towards before marathon training officially kicks in.  Speaking of, I'm going to try a new training plan this year, the "Own It" plan from Train Like a Mother.  It's a decent looking 18 week plan... that coincidently will begin, for me, on Christmas Eve... happy Christmas to me.  :)

In non-running news, I think we're about out of the sunshine season officially here.  We got a little tease of rain early in the week which was followed by some sun, then yesterday, we had an unseasonably warm and sunny day. However, we're making up for it today with rain and wind and gray, gray skies.  Hopefully we've soaked up enough sunshine and vitamin D to get us through the next 9 or so months until we see the sun again.  For one of those sunshine soaking days, we headed to the beach to get in some fun kite flying and since I never got around to blogging about it, I'll share the pictures now... it was good.






I'm really going to miss the sun.

1 comment:

Micha said...

I've been so giddy about the greyness and misty rain! I really do love it. Remind me of that in a few months when I can't remember what the Sun looks like :) What a fun day you must have had. I bet your kids love being by the coast.