Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Full moon, bare feet, sandy beach... happy me.

Yesterday, I got a new cell phone... it was long over due.  My poor old phone has been a very good and faithful phone and is actually still (mostly) going strong after being dropped way to many times, twice to the detriment of the screen (nothing some clear packing tape couldn't fix), and once submerged in a pocket of rainwater for over 40 minutes on a run.  I'm very excited about my new phone.  I'm also very terrified that I will somehow ruin it.  This post, however isn't about my new phone.  It is about some pictures that I found on my old phone when I was "cleaning it out".

I fell way behind on blogging and hardly talked about most of the stuff that happened this summer.  I think having a new baby and moving in addition to the normal craziness of summer kind of got me out of the blogging groove.  Anyway, one of the things that I meant to blog about but never did, was an amazing run I went on while we were camping over labor day.

It just so happened that for labor day weekend, the moon was full and beautiful and one of the mornings, I sneaked out of the tent nice and early, all by myself, to go for a lovely run on the beach.
The beach area, which was really more of a cove, wasn't very long and I didn't have my Garmin with me, so I just ran back and forth for a while until the sun started coming up and I figured it was time to head back to camp.  I had my headlamp and shoes, but ended up ditching them as soon as I hit the sand. It was one of those really awesome, mind clearing runs, where I didn't have to do anything but run.  There was no one around, the moon was big and bright and the waves were crashing loudly on the sand.  It was the perfect start to my morning.






I love to run on the beach.  The salt air, the waves, the sand... it all makes me so happy.  It's something I really should do more often.

2 comments:

Pahla Bowers said...

Jealous! That looks absolutely gorgeous!

XLMIC said...

So lovely! Looks so restorative and revitalizing! I am embarking on the 'new phone adventure' as soon as my arrives in the mail. So excited and so eager :P So weird to feel that way about a phone!

Hope you're having a lovely day :)