Monday, August 13, 2012

It's been a while...

 I guess blogging hasn't really been at the top of my priorities of late.  I think this is the longest break I've had from my blog since I started it 5 years ago!!  Funny thing, I just realized, today is my 5 year blogiversary.  (Here's that first post, if you've got nothing better to do.)  Crazy.  Guess it was the perfect day to finally get back to blogging.  Anyway, I don't have the time for updates on everything, hopefully I'll get some more in depth updates soon, but I did want to let you know that I'm alive... life has just been kind of crazy.  We moved, didn't have Internet for a while, went on vacation, came back, went back to Eugene for a night for a somewhat work related party for Dan and to finish cleaning up our Eugene house and turn in the keys and now we are officially here in our new house for a while.  Tonight will be the first time that I've spent consecutive nights in my own bed for longer than I care to try and figure out.

Anyway, life is good.  It will be better once I start unpacking and have things put away in our new place.  It will be much better once we get settled in and into a routine.  For now though we're just living a little bit at a time.

As for running... well, I went running last night for the first time in too long.  I think (being a running blog and all) my blogging tends to correspond with my running.  Therefore, if I haven't been blogging there's a good chance that I haven't been running.  After being in the car so much recently and eating as lovely as I tend to do while away from home, I decided that last night it was time.  I headed out for a quick jaunt around my neighborhood.  It went well, but reinforced what I already knew about Coos Bay... it is hilly and really pretty windy.  If there were only two deterrents to running with a stroller they would have to be hills and wind.  I just might have to change the name of this blog to the (Mis)Adventures of a Treadmill Running Mom... of course that would mean that I need a treadmill...

I'm sure I'll have more to say about running and what has been going on, but right now stay at home mom life is calling and I guess I better answer.  Here are a few pics though, just for fun:

Loving the pool on vacation.
A beautiful blue day at the beach where everyone is actually smiling, even if they aren't all looking at the camera.
Dirty little boy at the end of a longish hike.
Getting bigger and starting to look like the rest of the clan.

6 comments:

runninglawyer said...

Was just thinking about you earlier today. Glad you and Dan are starting to settle in, and hope the vacation in real life and from the blog was what you needed. Your kids are so cute!

Marci said...

I'm glad to hear that you are alive and well. I was going to start searching for you if I didn't hear something soon. I'm glad you've been having fun and am excited to live vicariously through your running for the next few months.

Dick said...

Good luck with the hills, wind, rain, banana slugs the size of dogs, and other great stuff in Coos Bay!

That picture of Jonny is the first time I've seen him without a smile...it MUST have been a "longish" hike...bet YOU were ready to be done too! Euan's hair is definitely red.

Rusten and Karen said...

Your kids are growing up so much! Glad you're alive and well. I miss you and your adorable family.

Catey said...


Hey! I used to have family in Coos Bay. :) Pretty place.
Your kids are adorable! Hope you are getting settled nicely and enjoying your new place. I can't believe how big that little baby boy is already! Such a doll.

Fruit Fly said...

What a pretty beach day! You've just got the cutest family!