Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Impromptu fashion show/photo shoot...

Last week, my sister took time out of her busy swimming life to visit my parents.  Since, I couldn't remember how long it had been since I last saw her and it seemed like a great excuse to avoid getting our new house in order and also an opportunity to trade in solo hill running for nice flat running with my mom, the kids and I hopped in the car for another trip.  Poor Dan had to stay behind, again... someone has to pay for all the gas we've been using on our summer adventures.

We spent a couple days lounging around in my parent's pool by day and playing fashionista by night.  Here are the results:  Messy swim hair casual meets oversized prom dress chic:

I think that was the longest my girls have played nicely together since Leona was born.  Needless to say, my little girly-girl Leona is now even more obsessed with fancy dresses and I think Stephanie just might have made it into the category of "super cool fun aunt".

I did get some running in too.  Back to back days of getting up at 4:30 and running in the dark with my mom... it was awesome!  On the other hand, it made me realize that I'm getting older and maybe I can't stay up until midnight, sleep on the couch, and then get up before sunrise and still have the energy needed to happily watch over my 5 little kiddos...  Good thing there was a "super cool fun aunt" around.

6 comments:

Jane said...

These pictures are just awesome!

Marci said...

Man you're going to be in trouble in a few years when those girls actually fit in those dresses. They are beauties, just like their mama.

Eugene isn't as cool without you.

Rain said...

Ahh they are too cute! My girls would love these dresses!

Raina said...

They sure are gorgeous! Looks like I might be missing out on all the fun with three boys. I am glad you were able to get in some runs with your mom. I bet it made her day too.

XLMIC said...

What charming, lovely ladies you have :)

Stephanie said...

Yay I'm finally a super cool aunt =) I need to be around more often to keep that up.