Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mezamashii Run Project Winner

First off, let me say that I loved, loved, loved reading all of the haiku (did you know that there isn't a plural form of the word... I didn't until today) that were submitted.  You all are very, very talented and no one was disqualified for incorrect syllable usage... hooray!! I think over the next little while, I will be sharing your haiku in my regular posts.  Secondly, I am so glad that I didn't have to chose the winner... I'm not sure I would've been able to do it.  Luckily, Miss Emmeline was quite happy to lend her services and did an incredible job I believe.

We started off with 23 haiku to choose from.  I wrote them out on paper for Emme to go over and gave her the simple instructions to narrow it down to her favorite.
I did advise her that the purpose of the haiku was to describe a "brilliant run".  She took her job very seriously and was very methodical, first selecting all the ones she really liked... that narrowed the field to 16.
Then she went through and picked her favorite 8, followed by her favorite 4, then the top 2.  That left the following two haikus:

We brought Leona and Calvin in on it then and had a haiku showdown.  When all was said and done, only one haiku remained:
So, big congratulations to Nikki, an adorable mom of a super cute 6 month old.  Nikki, send me your email address (to runlaurierun@gmail.com) and I'll get your info to you.

I'm sorry that I can't give you all a pair of shoes, I know that you are each deserving in your own ways. If I had my way I would, but I don't and as of yet I don't have any magic powers or unlimited monetary resources.  The best I can do is let you know that you still have a chance.  Check out the Mezamashii Run Project page and "join the quest" for exclusive offers, opportunities and another chance to win a pair of Mizuno shoes.
Big thanks again, to Mizuno Running for the opportunity to try out and share their shoes while being a part of their innovative Mezamashii Run Project.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.  It is finally starting to feel like summer here with temps reaching the upper 80's on a regular basis... that makes for a happy, happy me.  I have some big news that I'll share soon, and maybe I'll even get around to posting about the Olympic trials and our 4th of July celebrations... blogging and summer and being outnumbered 5 to 1 haven't exactly gone hand in hand.

4 comments:

Emz said...

Yay Nikki!!
Love mizunos.
Adore my favorite Stroller running mamma!!

Maureen said...

Loved the challenge! What a great idea! I didn't win but I had fun entering :). Kudos to Nikki!

derunningmom.com said...

Love you blog and loved reading the haiku! Congrats Nikki!!

Nikki said...

Thanks everyone! Really excited to try my first pair of Mizunos! Thanks Laurie and family for picking my haiku!