Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What a great holiday...

Today is one of the best holidays...  outside of my birthday and maybe Christmas and of course Halloween... actually is there any holiday that isn't great?!  Anyway, today is National Running Day!!  If there's one thing that needs more celebrating, it's running!

I was feeling all melancholy because I can't run today and was even considering just a little short run because I feel that my c-section recovery is going amazingly well, but don't worry, I won't... I know that would be a very dumb thing to do.  However, I can still support National Running Day and encourage all y'all to go out for a run.  Dan will be running today (it's on his schedule) as well Emme & Calvin (it's on their schedule too).  I just told Leona about today's special holiday and she got very excited and challenged Jonny to a race around and around our living room/kitchen (one of their favorite inside routes), which kind of reminds me of the Caucus Race from Alice in Wonderland:



I was looking back to see how I celebrated National Running Day last year, and apparently I didn't.  It was only a couple of days after the Ridgeline Ramble, so I guess I was busy recovering from that.  The year before though, I dedicated two posts to it.  The first one, talking about how I slept in instead of getting up to celebrate and the second one detailing the run I did actually go on.  I also posted about it in 2009, which I believe was the inaugural year.

Anyway, I think running is a super great thing that ANYONE can do.  It doesn't matter how far you go or how fast, what matters is that you do it, that you take the steps to get out the door and it turn make a healthier, happier you.  What are you waiting for... get out there and run happy!!  :)

get your running badge HERE

4 comments:

Micha said...

I didn't even know it was a holiday! I'm going to go running in a few minutes so I'll dedicate this one to you - which means I can't flake out halfway through :) Haha. Cheer loudly for those cute kids every time they pass the window!

Emz said...

I soooooooooooooooooo love this.
Love you are doing good and recovering well.

ps. I haven't forgotten you. Your fun little package will be sent by Friday! ;)

JazznJenna said...

Just wanted to tell you that I copied and pasted your last little paragraph to my big list of inspirational quotes. I especially love the part where you said it doesn't matter how far you go or how fast. That's what I needed (always need) to hear! Thanks!

Janet said...

I didn't know it was national runnng day. I ran 5 miles and in a faster pace than normal. You have been my inspiration you know. Running makes me happy too and I would have never started without your encouragement. I like the quote you put in my running log by John Bingham. "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." Thanks for all you do for me.