Monday, June 18, 2012

Time flies...

My blogging has been basically nonexistent.  I think it has something to do with having 5 kids, one of which being 4 weeks old (can you believe he's so old already?!), it being summer and also not really having anything to blog about.  It seems that I've been pretty busy, but I'm not really sure what I've been busy with, mostly just life I guess.

I've been spending my time taking pictures of my cute little fuzzy head.  I probably take a good 15 to 20 pictures a time of him.

 Of course the other kiddos want to be in the pictures too, really though, they'll take any excuse they can get to be close to him.  Leona and Jonny, especially, sure love their newest little brother.


 Leona is also a big fan of anything that is Euan's.  If she isn't pestering him directly, she if filling up his car seat/swing/bed with her barbies or stuffed animals.
 I've also been baking a fair amount.  I've had the biggest sweet tooth... which isn't helping get rid of my pregnancy weight.  The problem is, I spend a lot of time nursing and while I'm nursing, I spend time on the Internet and since I'm not running and need to find feel good endorphins some other way, treats seem to be the answer.  I made this tasty chocolate cake (from HERE) (which luckily I gave away, after sampling all the "extra" pieces of candy, cake and frosting)
and also these cheesecake filled strawberries (from HERE) that I think next time I will dip in chocolate. Yuuuuummmmmy!!!
 I also had the opportunity to go with my mom and younger brother to Portland to visit my grandma who is recovering from surgery.  She was quite taken with our little boy (especially after I told her that had he been a girl, we would have named him after her)
 and judging by the smile in this picture, I think he liked her as well.
 We also had my parents (and brother) as well as Dan's parents and his sister and brother-in-law and their kids in town for Euan's baby blessing.  It was a great day with yummy food and perfect weather.



 And then it was back to taking more sleeping baby pictures... He really is a great baby, that rarely fusses and sleeps a lot.


 We also had a hair cutting day.  Usually at the beginning of every summer, Calvin's hair has to go.  This time, Dan took a go at it.  He and Calvin thought it would be a good idea to give him a Brek Shea style...

 but ultimately, I had my way and we went completely short.
 For the most part that's what's been going on around here.  Leona and Jonny have been really sick with a nasty cough and fever that has kept us inside for the past several days.  I think they are finally on the mend, but it seems Emmeline is on the verge of coming down with it as well.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that no one else gets sick.

Hope you all are enjoying summer.  I'll try to blog again soon, but no promises.  :)




4 comments:

Marci said...

I'm glad to see you blogging again. The pictures are so awesome! I hope you are having fun and not worrying too much about the "pregnancy weight" since you don't have any. Only a couple more weeks until you can lace up your shoes again!

P said...

Thank you so much for posting all those pictures!! Oh my goodness your kids are precious. Calvin looks so grown-up with the short hair (though the in-between pic was pretty cool, too, lol!)
I'm afraid to even click on the recipe for that cake, because I would for sure have to make (and then eat) it!

Jane said...

This is a great, sweet post and your kiddos are so cute! And those desserts...oh my! They look amazing!!!

Callie. said...

YUM! I will take some of both those desserts, thank you. And, you truly have beautiful children. Euan fits in perfectly!