Sunday, May 13, 2012

Two of the things that make me really happy...

running & my mom.

Yesterday, I had the ability to run the Hippie Chick Half Marathon with my mom.  It was her first half marathon and I had so much fun running along side her and playing photographer.  She did an amazing job, I am so proud of her... the great job she did on the race and all the hard work she put into her training.  I'll have a full recap of the race later but for now, I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day mom.... I love you and think you're the best.  Thanks for letting me run with you, we'll definitely have to do it again some time.


7 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I didn't congratulate her on her first half!!!!! Well, congrats Laurie's mom!!! So great to meet you. You are absolutely beautiful. So glad you got this experience with your mom.

Marci said...

I should have stuck with you guys, you look like you were having more fun than I was. I mean, I was having a lot of fun, but you guys are obviously having more. You and your mama are the best!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Congrats to your mom! What an accomplishment.

Dick said...

Thank YOU Laurie...for convincing her that she could do it, and for sticking with her the whole way. I think she's planning on doing the Eugene Half. You've turned her into an addict! Good job.

Happy Mother's Day...I wish I could have made the trip to watch, and to see you guys.

Janet said...

Thank you Laurie and all the rest of you. I had a great time, it was really fun.
Mom

Jane said...

That is so wonderful! My mom trained me to run my first marathon and ran the whole thing with me...and several others. I love running with her, so I understand. How awesome! Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom!

Heather said...

Way to go ladies! So glad you were able to run together and that it was such a perfect day for a race. Can't wait for the full race report.