Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's decided...

I'm going to have a girl.  Yeah, there is absolutely no reason to believe that but today I made up my mind that it will be a girl.  I think this is partly because I am so absolutely in love with the girl name that we have picked out (sorry, still keeping it a secret) and partly because I was at Target and happened to be browsing the baby clearance (you know, just in case there was something that I couldn't live without) and came across two super cute little girl outfits that would be just perfect for a little girl, born at the end of May, to wear this summer.

Also, Jonny and Leona, desperately need us to have a little girl.  That way, when Leona is insistent on dressing up and playing with Barbies, Jonny won't have to try and sneak in playing with cars:

"What am I supposed to do with this?"
"You put it around your neck like this."
"You seriously want me to play with this Barbie?!"
"Ha, ha, I'll show you... I brought a truck!"
Yes, for both Jonny and Leona's sake, it would be best if they had a little sister.

Of course, all that being said, and by making it public knowledge that I've decided on a girl, I've pretty much guaranteed myself a little boy.  Guess I better hang onto those Target receipts.

6 comments:

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Those outfits are sooooo adorable. LMAO at Jonny...I'm sure he deals with alot...my son is CONSTANTLY in a snow white dress!

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait!!! I'm wishing for a little girl for y'all too. I've got some outfits for you either way though.

XLMIC said...

Hoping for you that it's a girl :)

Super cute outfits!

Janet said...

Cute outfits. You may have jinxed yourself but leaning towards a girl too. Good luck.

Stephanie said...

Good luck with that. I hope for your sake and Jonny's that it's a girl. ;)

Dick said...

I hope you have a boy. I have enough grand daughters! Actually your mom and I don't care WHAT you have. Boy or girl, it will be an addition to an already wonderful family. We just hope you don't go into delivery during the Hippie Chick Half...your mom really wants to finish the race!!