- This week is Ocean Week at Calvin and Emme's school. Each day they have fun new projects that they do to learn about their particular area of the coast. Calvin's is tide pools and Emme is studying estuaries. Today, Calvin gets to enjoy a seafood buffet. I signed up to bring 15 tuna fish sandwiches. Do you know how much bread it takes to make 15 sandwiches... well, yes, obviously 30 slices... but that is a lot of break and a lot of tuna fish. Anyway, luckily I erred on the side of having too much and just managed to squeak out the 15 requested sandwiches out of the tuna fish I purchased. Well, about 10 minutes ago, my doorbell rang and one of the lovely parent volunteers from the school was standing on my doorstep with a half full box of tuna sandwiches. She thanked me for making so many and I reluctantly thanked her for bringing me back the leftovers. What an earth are we going to do with so many tuna sandwiches?! Looks like we're having soup and sandwiches for dinner and maybe lunch and maybe dinner again. Bet you wish you lived here!
- We're heading to the coast tomorrow to (hopefully) celebrate Dan passing the bar (we find out tomorrow afternoon, keep your fingers crossed for us) as well as his birthday (that will happen either way... "funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing"). After dropping off all the tuna sandwiches at school, Leona, Jonny and I headed to the grocery store to stock up on camping food (ie stuff to make smores, special candy treats, chips and hot dogs, popcorn... oh, I did get some carrots too, can't be all healthy stuff). Oh my goodness, Leona had the biggest meltdown I have ever seen. She insisted on wearing a bracelet into the store that is too big for her. After she dropped it 3 times, I told her that next time she dropped it, I was going to put it in my purse to keep it safe (mostly because, it's hard for an old pregnant lady such as myself to pick it up repeatedly off the ground). Okay, she says, then manages to drop it on the ground again. Well, into my purse it went. This brought on the biggest onslaught of tears and ridiculous crying/whining I have ever seen. "My bracelet, my bracelet, my beautiful bracelet." It was unbelievable. It was like I had stolen her prized possession with no intention to ever give it back. I assured her that she could have it back when we got to the car, but it didn't matter, the damage was done. I'm sure everyone around us thought I was the most evil mom in the world, but there is one thing that I'm consistent with and that is if I say something is going to happen, it happens. Needless to say, our shopping trip went much more quickly from then on out and I'm sure we received our fair share of strange looks. Oh well.
- Right now it is absolutely pouring down rain. Two seconds ago it was hailing. 10 minutes ago, it was a beautifully sunshiny day. Gotta love Oregon spring weather. I'm really looking forward to soccer practice this afternoon... should be a great time. Hopefully this rainy/hailing mess will have worked itself out by then, otherwise I'm going to have a couple of grumpy kids strapped in the stroller with the rain cover on wondering why we're just sitting there watching the boys practice. Ooh, there goes some thunder and lightening. Fun stuff.
- Tonight we have an ocean week play to go to. The 3rd graders (Emme) do some sort of skit every year. Emme has one line that she has been repeating over and over and over for the last month. "You'll have to pay the piper somewhere down the road for this over, over, over, over, over, overload." I believe the theme of the play is "Reduce". I'll let you know how it turns out.
- As for running, I didn't do it today. I think I could have and felt okay, but between making & frosting gluten free cupcakes for Dan to take to work, 3 million tuna fish sandwiches for Calvin to take to school, dealing with Leona's meltdown at the store, making sure that both she and Jonny got naps so that they wouldn't have meltdowns at Emme's play tonight and Calvin's upcoming soccer practice it just didn't happen. I think my body will appreciate the rest day anyway. Maybe tomorrow and maybe sometime this weekend on the beach... that sounds really nice.
Oh and if you haven't voted for my mom in the iFitness Facebook contest, would you please, please, please? Just click HERE. Thanks!