Thursday, April 19, 2012

Getting away...

In a few short hours, I'll be on my way to the coast, where a couple of girlfriends and I are having a super deserved, and long overdue, girls getaway.  I couldn't be more excited.  All the kids are staying home and the dads are flying solo for the weekend.  I think it is going to be a great time for everyone... well probably a little bit more fun for the girls that are getting away then the kids and their dads, but fun will be had by all.  I know that my kids are looking forward to pizza, root beer floats and also pancakes for dinner.  In fact, when I told Calvin yesterday that I would be leaving and daddy was going to be in charge he said, "Yay!  That means we'll get to have pancakes for dinner!!!"  I'm sure I'll be missed and I might even miss those I'm leaving behind but this trip is just what I need. One last little hoorah before I'm not longer pregnant and instead have a very needy newborn basically attached 24/7.

We don't have much planned other than to hang out, eat some good food (and probably some a whole lot of not good for us food), watch some chick flicks and not take care of anyone but ourselves.  Who knows, I might even sleep in and take a nap all in the same day!!  Crazy talk, I know.  I am taking my running stuff.  I love to run on the beach and can't imagine a trip to the coast without a beach run.  I am however fighting a nasty cold that seems to be seeping into my lungs, so coupled with my currently very pregnant state I'm not sure how far that run will be, but at least I'll get out there.

The weather, of course, is supposed to be cool and drizzly (this is the Oregon coast we're headed to after all) but I have a feeling that won't stop us from having a great time.  I might even have to go for a little swim, in the rain, in the outdoor pool and maybe stick my feet in the hot tub... pregnant women can do that.
source
A big special thanks to my grandma (who is just about the coolest grandma that anyone, anywhere has ever had) for hooking us up with the great accommodations.  I hope you all have a nice relaxing, rejuvenating weekend to look forward to as well.  If you're running, run happy.  :)

5 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Have fun! I saw 75 degrees for Saturday in the valley. I hope the coast gets some of that sun.

Micha said...

Ironically Aeryn gets pancakes for dinner tonight. We always have breakfast before activity days :)

Have such an amazing time out there! Sounds like a blast.

Laima said...

Sounds like fun - have a great time!

Michelle said...

Its supposed to be a beautiful day! Hope you have the best weekend ever.

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, how gorgeous is that!?! I hope you're having a blast!!!