Friday, March 2, 2012

Whoa, where'd the week go...

I guess playing single mom for half of the week helped it to zoom right by.  All of a sudden it is Friday afternoon and we're staring directly into the weekend.  Hooray!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes for Dan and the bar exam.  He came home Wednesday night feeling relieved to be done but confident in the outcome.  Now all we have to do is wait and wait and wait some more until the end of April for the results.  Seriously, why does it take so long?!  It is great to have him home though and the big cloud of stress that has been looming over our home is finally starting to dissipate.

Running this week went pretty well, until it didn't go at all.  I missed Monday's run and replaced it with a super nice nap.  I made up for it by running a great 3 miles on Tuesday (my normal rest day).  Despite the fact that I'm 7 months pregnant, Tuesday's run felt great with absolutely no complaints at all.  Wednesday I was met with rainy/snowy conditions but after spending close to an hour bundling up the kids in the warmest clothing and blankets we had, we headed out for a quick 6 miles.  About 2 miles in, the wet, wet rain snow mix and wind really started stinging my face so I stopped for a quick potty break and contemplated calling it a day.  Both kids, however, were asleep so I merely decided to drop my pace a bit and enjoy the run.  Enjoy it I did.  There was no one out running/walking/biking (which is quite odd for Eugene at about 11am) and I have to admit I felt pretty hardcore.  Despite the fact that my face was cold, I was dressed perfectly and stayed very comfortable the entire run.  Towards the end of my run, however, I noticed some tightness/pulling in the very bottom of my right calf.  :(  I continued home and didn't think much of it.  Yesterday the pain was still there and so I opted to skip out on my run, just to be safe.  There is still some pulling today when I go up and down stairs, so I'm going to play it smart and probably forgo tomorrow's "longish" run too.  :(

So, that's about it.  Leona, Jonny and I enjoyed a birthday party today at an indoor kiddie pool.
Leona started dressing for it on Monday:
Nothing says good winter dress like a swim suit and leg warmers
The kids swam and swam around for almost two hours then crashed in the car on the way home.  I brought them inside where they promptly fell back asleep and have been ever since.  This is good because it gave me an opportunity to clean up the apple/banana/clementine/tortilla chip/Kix/dried pears mix of food that they scattered all over the living room while I was in the shower.  I swear, showering is the most daring thing I do on a regular basis.  I never know what I'll find when I emerge from the bathroom.  Heaven forbid I leave the conditioner in my hair for the 3-5 minutes it suggests... that just might be the end of our home.

Hope you all have a happy and runningful weekend.

2 comments:

Janet said...

You gotta love the swim suit and leg warmers. Nobody and can dress like Leona. I'm glad the swimming party went well and wore the kids out for awhile.

Janet said...

You gotta love the swim suit and leg warmers. Nobody and can dress like Leona. I'm glad the swimming party went well and wore the kids out for awhile.