Monday, March 5, 2012

28 Weeks and counting...

So, today marks week 28 of this pregnancy.  I'm officially in my third trimester.  I cannot believe how fast it is going.  I think that maybe it has something to do with the fact that I kept it a secret for so long and have really only admitted being pregnant for the last 12 weeks or so.  For the most part I think everything is going pretty well.  Pregnancy wise, I'm tired and starting to get uncomfortable (especially when trying to sleep), anything with any flavor gives me heartburn and bathroom stops are becoming much more frequent.  As far as running goes... I'm still doing it.  Definitely not at the intensity that I was several months ago... speed, distance, quality, etc... but I am still doing it and I really can't complain.  The problems I have had with running that are pregnancy related are relatively small.  Mostly, I feel the need to stop at any available bathroom, I feel that it is taking me longer to recover from runs and I also feel the need to take some sort of fuel and water with me on much shorter distances.  I've also noticed that my shoes are feeling a bit more snug and I'm kind of wishing that they had a little more cushion in them.  The Brooks Green Silence brand shoes that I have been running in for the last 10 months or so are great, but I think they worked better when I weighed a good 25+ pounds less.  Overall, though I'm still enjoying running... usually when I start out, I feel a little bit uncomfortable but after about a mile, I get into a groove and enjoy the run.  With my last two kiddos I ran until about 8 months, so the next big monthly milestone will be the big deciding factor... will I be able to run into new territory?  Let's hope so because the Hippie Chick Half is well into my 9th month and even if I have to waddle it, I plan to be there and finish.

Here's the "obligatory" pregnancy shot.  I can't believe it's been another month already.  Luckily I think my weight gain has kind of tapered off a bit.  I gained a lot quickly but am finally starting to even out I think.
In other news... this silly boy is turning 2 today!
I'm hoping to get him a cake decorated today, so I probably better get off the computer and get busy.  Hopefully if all turns out well, I'll post some pictures of his special day.  Happy Monday, hope it's a good one.

5 comments:

RTP_in Heels said...

Just recently found your blog and I love it! I'm a running mommy of 2, and I ran until I was 30 and 34 weeks, respectively, with my kids. I really respect you keep doing it, and I'm glad to see someone else with the same addiction. Hope you can stop by to visit my humble blog sometime or follow me on twitter @RTP_inHeels. http://schermanfamily.blogspot.com

XLMIC said...

Happy Birthday to your boy!!!! My 'little' boy turns 7 tomorrow and my 'baby' girl turns 3 on Wednesday :)

You look really great, Laurie! Pregnancy looks good on you :)

P said...

For goodness sakes, you look adorable pregnant! I was pretty much an enormous water buffalo, which is why I stopped at two kids. :) Happy Birthday to your little sweetie!!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe you have gotten so. . . large haha. I keep forgetting that you are pregnant because I never see you. He's 2 already?!?!?! This is crazy I'm getting way too old!

JazznJenna said...

two very cute pictures! Best wishes in the 3rd trimester.