Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This and that...

Not a whole lot of blogging going on lately.  Unfortunately, not a whole lot of running going on either.

At the last minute, on Friday, I decided to take the kids on a surprise visit to Klamath Falls and leave Dan the house for the weekend.  With the President's day holiday, this gave us a little extra time away and also let Dan have the house to himself for almost 3 whole days to get in some decent studying for the bar.  It was a good trip, with no expectations or plans and ended up being pretty relaxing.  Although I took my running stuff with anticipation of doing at least one decent length run I ended up not even unpacking it.  Before we left on Friday, I took Jonny to the doctor where he was diagnosed with bronchiolitis and/or RSV and given an inhaler to combat his wheezing and sleepless nights.  Lucky for me, while in Klamath, I also picked up the upper respiratory thing that Leona has been fighting.  The illness, coupled with the lack of sleep from being up with Jonny (and Emme, who refuses to sleep most nights) and the the general lack of fitness motivation that sometimes comes with being 26 weeks pregnant won over my desire to get some mileage in.  It has now been almost a week since my last run.  Ugh.  It's really a good thing that I'm planning on Hippie Chick Half with my mom in May or this might be the point in my pregnancy where I say, "Oh, well, I'll have to work harder after I give birth".  Luckily, the need to be able to run/walk/jog/waddle 13.1 miles at almost 38 weeks is enough to keep me motivated, at least for the time being.

While chilling with my parents and my two brothers that were in town (one home visiting, the other will probably never move out), I was introduced into the wonderful world of Hanging with Friends.  Needless to say I am addicted.  I love word games.  Also the chance to beat my brothers and dad at anything is an added bonus.  Unfortunately, of the two rounds I have finished, I have lost both to my dad and one of my brothers.  This is very frustrating to me.  I don't know if you've figured it out yet, but I don't care much for losing.  :)  Anyway, I think this is a really fun game.  I could play it nonstop, all day long, but the people I'm playing with must have better things to do with their time (like jobs and school and being responsible adults...) because they aren't quite as quick on the turn around as I am.

I'm tired.  I'm not sure if it's from being sick, from lack of sleep, from being pregnant, from being stressed or just some random combination of all of it but I am just flat exhausted.  I think it will help when I'm feeling better.  I think it will help when the bar is over and with it a lot of the stress floating around our home .  I also think it will help if I go for a run.  If nothing else, running will make me feel like I'm being a little bit productive and hopefully get some of those happy endorphins floating around in my body.  I'm pretty sure everyone in my house could benefit from me being a little less grumpy...

In other news... Jonny managed to get his leg stuck in our dining room chair last week.  I think about everyone of my kids has managed to get an arm stuck at some point but with a little bit of maneuvering I was able to free them.  Well, not Jonny and not his leg.  I took off his jammies, tried some lotion and lots of moving around, but it only produced more tears.  Needing to get the morning going, coupled with the fact that he was in desperate need of a diaper change made time be of the essence, so I had to pulled out the hack saw to free him.  Lucky for Jonny I decided his leg was slightly more important that the back of the chair and he was able to walk away unscathed.
Feigning a smile, while suppressing tears.

5 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

OH my! You are super woman Laurie!! This leg in the chair incident while prego and having 3 other kids and a husband studying for the Bar...sheesh!!! No wonder you're tired!!! So funny about cutting the chair...Yep, his leg and getting on with your day...I GET this...so much more important than the chair that will be ruined anyway in just a matter of time just form wear and tear. Hey, we have that same blue booster seat at our kitchen table. Take care super mom!

XLMIC said...

I think you're tired from that combo deal you refer to ;-) And so glad you remembered the saw! My son got his head stuck in a potty one time...my husband had to cut it off him. These tight spots these kids work their way into...

Take care of yourself, sweet mama!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Holy smokes, a hacksaw? I am laughing so hard right now. Easy to do, since my kids are so much older. That Johnny.

So, I'm going to figure out how to request you on Hanging with Friends. I love that one, and Scramble with Friends...

The Mommy Miles said...

Oh no! what a brave kiddo, smiling while mom holds a hacksaw! It is hard to juggle sick babies, flying solo parenting, preggers, and running. I am just so impressed that you are so committed to run throughout your pregnancy! Amazing!

Micha said...

Have you tried Scramble with friends? I'm highly addicted to that one!

I really wish someone had been there to videotape sawing Jonny out of the chair. That is classic.