Monday, February 6, 2012

Remember me?

Hi, it's me.  I used to have this blog that I updated almost daily.  It's now been almost 2 weeks without even a peep out of me.  I don't really have a reason for this other than complete apathy.  Sorry.  I've thought about updating it here and there but for whatever reason I just haven't.  In the mean time, I've been rearranging my kids' rooms, trying to stay caught up on laundry (still failing at that one) and reading lots and lots of books.  I finished the Hunger Games trilogy (which was pretty good, but left me slightly disappointed), then read the Forest of Hands & Teeth trilogy (I really liked these, although I kind of have a thing for zombies... maybe it's because I'm pretty sure I could outrun them), also Before I Fall, Delirium, Faithful Place, The Likeness, Searching for JJ, Matched (also another series, I'm on the wait list for the next book) and I think a couple of others that I'm not remembering at the moment.  I'm pretty sure that I've read more books in the past three weeks than I did all of last year.  Most of the books I got from my friend Autumn's recommendations but a couple I just picked randomly at the library because the covers looked good.  Not a single one of them was about running (also a huge change from last year) but in several of them the main characters enjoyed doing it.

Last weekend, the kids and I went to Klamath Falls where I left Emme & Calvin with Nana and Papa (thanks again!) and took Leona and Jonny with me to ride with my parents to Boise.  We went for my sister's last home swim meet, her senior meet.  Despite the 6+ hour drive stuck between two car seats (not to mention the kids in them) it was a lot of fun.  My sister Stephanie was very surprised to see us and we also got to hang out a bit with my younger brother who also goes to Boise State.  Stephanie, of course, did very well at the meet, winning everything she swam.
my dad, Jonny, Me, Stephanie, Leona (feigning shyness), Doug, my mom
I'm pretty sure that part of the reason I've managed to read so many books was that trip.  I finished 4 over that weekend.  We also had the opportunity, when we got back to Klamath Falls, to enjoy some time with my grandma.  Leona particularly enjoyed playing dress up and teaching the dolls how to play the piano.


Running has been up and down.  The week we went to Boise, I didn't even take any running stuff and ended up missing 3 scheduled workouts (very unlike me).  This past week, however, I got back into it and finished everything on my schedule.  I had a really crappy short run on Thursday that left me thinking maybe my time running around as a pregnant person is coming to an end but then I had a great long run on Saturday... so maybe not.

The Saturday long run was awesome.  I got together with Heather, which we haven't done for a long time and headed out for 12 miles.  I had a pretty rough Friday night, with very little sleep, and didn't have very high expectations for the run but it more than exceeded them all.  It never ceases to amaze me how therapeutic running can be.  I didn't have any pregnancy related pains or aches and although it wasn't as fast as Heather and I used to run together I didn't feel that I was slowing her down too much.  We left in the dark and cold but were greeted by a very beautiful sunrise as we were headed towards home.
it really looked a lot better then my phone was able to capture
Speaking of Heather, she is looking for some mother's to participate in a survey for a new online company, if you're interested, here is the info:


Looking for Online Mothers to participate in Consumer Testing via Phone 
LifeAlly, a new online brand emerging in the health and wellness category, is looking for 10-20 women to interview via phone. 


The respondents must fit the following criteria:  
- Live in the United States 
- Between the ages of 25-45 with children at home
- Spend up to 2 hours a day online
- Use the web to search for news, coupons and deals
- Own a smart phone 
- Comfortable accessing the web and applications on a mobile device
- Must have internet access and a computer to participate in the interview via phone


Women selected to be interviewed will be rewarded. The interview will last 15-30 minutes and will pertain to graphics and messaging being used in the beta product launch. Willing to participate? Email moms@lifeally.com to get involved.

Our weather has been unseasonably dry as of late.  It has made for some beautifully sunny afternoons.  On Saturday, the kids and I escaped the house for a local park that was teeming with other families that had the exact same idea.  Emmeline and Calvin spent the majority of there time building sand forts and covering the merry go round in sand, while Leona wandered around being the free spirit that she is and Jonny of course tried to find various ways to fulfill his apparent death wish.

I think that's about it.  Today however marks another milestone in my pregnancy so I'll leave you with a belly shot.  I can't believe I'm already at 24 weeks.  One month to go and I'll be in my 3rd trimester... this is going waaaaaaaay too fast!

6 comments:

runninglawyer said...

Wow you look great Laurie!!!! Sounds like you had a great family visit!

Laura Boll said...

Reading over blogging is nothing to be ashamed of. :) You are adorable, love that belly pic! 12 miles at 24 weeks is impressive. I think that's about the point where I cut back on the double digit runs. Glad to hear you're still feeling so good!

Elizabeth said...

Glad you're back! You look so great!

Marci said...

I've missed you! I'm glad the run went so well on Saturday. I think pregnancy is kind of like that where you sometimes just feel great and sometimes crappy for no reason at all. You look awesome!

Heather said...

You definitely DID NOT slow me down. I doubt I would have run one second faster on my own. And I can vouch for the spectacular sunrise!

XLMIC said...

Awwwww! Look at you :) Love your baby belly soooo much!!!!!