Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm such a good wife...

Although that statement really needs no qualifiers, I'll let you you know what prompts it this time.  I just sent Dan off to Portland for the next few days to hang out in a swanky hotel and mingle with fancy professionals while I stay home in my very pregnant state to tend for his 4 progeny and care for the affairs of his estate.  Ha ha...
Okay, that isn't entirely true, he's staying in the cheapest Days Inn room I could acquire and spending the next few days with stinky aspiring attornies to take the bar exam.  The thing that makes me such a good wife is the fact that I let him leave with my computer (which he needs to take the exam on) and also his computer which has all his notes to study (and also his fantasy sports links bookmarked).  This leaves me computerless for the next 72 hours or so.
How will I possibly survive?! The computer (and more importantly its accompanying internet) is my link to the outside world. How will I possibly survive while unable to waste most of my day lusting over stuff I shouldn't buy and living vicariously through people I haven't met. Not to mention, blog... how will I keep up on my blog and the countless others I stalk on a regular basis?!
Well, Laurie, you might be saying, you haven't exactly been blogging a whole lot anyway and you are in fact doing it right now so what are you complaining about? True, I have my phone and its internet access but trust me, its tiny little screen, even smaller touchpad keyboard and super slow browsing capability just won't be the same. (not tp mention its propensity to autocorrect my words into complete gibberish.)  I also won't be able to watch (in bed at least) any of the chick flicks I borrowed from my grandma to keep me entertained while Dan is away.
So, the very long point to this tale is that I am a very kind and unselfish wife and although I'll miss Dan while he is away, I just might miss my computer more. :) 
(In case you're reading this Dan, you shouldn't be, you know I kid... mostly. I love you and am proud of all your hard work. This little test will be a piece of cake.)

8 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

You are the best wife. I already knew that.

Jess said...

Like my mom always says, behind every great man is a great woman :)

P said...

Good luck to Dan on passing the bar! Though of course he won't need it. You, however, are gonna have a tough time without your computer, so good luck to you! :)

Taryn said...

Good luck to your man on the bar exam!

runninglawyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
runninglawyer said...

Best of luck to Dan on passing the Bar - I have heard it is so much harder in the US than it is here in Canada.... Hope the kiddos are good for you, and that you survive not having the distraction of internet!

Stephanie said...

Goooooo Dan!!!!!!! I miss all of you and I want to come visit Oregon!!!

JazznJenna said...

Good luck to Dan...keeping my fingers crossed for his results :).