Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
(So that we're all clear, I'm breaking rules 4-6, by completely ignoring them.)
My random things:
1. I don't really like to follow rules. There have been lots of times (at church mostly) where I've been given a note card to fill out with some random tidbit of information anonymously (like, "what is your favorite song") and although I did it, I refused to turn it back in... just put it in my bag instead. The speed limit is another rule that I break fairly frequently, although slightly less since having kids.
2. Chocolate pudding makes me super happy. It always has.
3. 11 really is my favorite number. Probably because it is the month of my birth and it is an odd number and two ones are always better than one.
4. I don't like being unhappy at people. It makes me miserable.
5. I think I'd do just about anything to be sitting on the beach right now just staring at the waves. I've contemplated keeping my kids home from school and heading to the coast but I have a feeling that it would be kind of counter productive and that I would get more out of sending them to school and just looking at some nice beach pictures on the computer and pretend I'm there.
6. When I am running, I have, have, have to chew peppermint flavored Orbit gum. When I am pregnant that flavor of gum makes me want to puke. It's taken me about 6 months, but I'm finally to the point where I can chew gum again while running.
7. Mario Kart is my favorite video game, ever. I am really, really bad at it. I try not to be such a poor loser, but I can only be beaten and trashed talked to by my 6 year old so many times before I start to feel sorry for myself.
8. I wasn't super impressed with the Super Bowl commercials this year... although I have to say the David Beckham one was put together very nicely. :D
9. I hate putting away laundry. Washing, drying, folding... no problem... putting it away... YUCK!!
10. I'm pretty sure that I could get used to living somewhere it was warm for most of the year... as long as I had drivable access to fall leaves and mountain snow.
11. I like to fill out forms, you know, the kind that ask for your name and address and stuff like that. I get some kind of weird kick out seeing how neatly I can print the information.
Now for Emz's questions:
1. Do you love or hate the treadmill and why?
I used to detest treadmill running... probably because when I was running in college and it snowed too much for us to do track workouts we had to run on the treadmills. Now, I would love to have a treadmill. I would still do the majority of my running outside because nothing beats it, but it would be very convenient to be able to run any time I wanted to and not just when it was convenient for all my kiddos.
2. Describe yourself in three words:
Quirky. Spontaneous. Competitive.
3. Describe your best friend:
Understanding. Forgiving. Extremely patient with me. Sense of humor. Loyal. Desires to have fun.
4. Text or call?
Text... I really don't like to talk to people on the phone, I never have. Except my mom, I talk to her a lot. The thing about texting is that no one can hear how many kids are fighting in the background.
5. Favorite place to eat?
Is it sad that I really don't have a favorite place? I love Mexican food. Someday, maybe Dan and I will have a favorite place we go... that place will have amazing guacamole, chicken enchiladas, homemade chips and salsa and fried ice cream. Ooh, also root beer in a bottle.
6. Where did you first see your wife/husband/significant other?
Well, I only have a husband, so I can't answer for the other two. :) I first saw Dan on my first day as a new student my senior year of high school. I was trying too hard to not be noticed to really notice him though. No, we were never high school sweethearts. although Dan still claims he knew it was "love at first sight".
7. Do you buy lottery tickets?
Dan's family has always had a tradition of lottery tickets in Christmas stockings... so occasionally. I think I did on my 18th birthday too... to celebrate turning 18, since I don't smoke.
8. The first thing you do in the morning?
If I'm getting up early to run, brush my teeth. If I'm not running and it is a weekday, make Dan lunch. Otherwise it's probably tell my kids that want to stay in bed for a few more minutes.
9. Favorite recovery drink.
Chocolate milk... sometimes with a protein powder, but usually just straight chocolate milk.
10. If you could have any car in the world, what would you buy?
I'm really not much of a car person. I think I'd get a jeep wrangler. It would go well with me being a beach bum, which if I could afford any car in the world, I would be.
11. What do you collect?
It seems, of late random socks... seriously where do all the matches go to? Penguins though, have always kind of been my thing, although definitely not in the intensity they were in jr. high... where it seemed every gift I received had a penguin theme in some way or another.
Thanks again Emz for the tag. Sorry to not completely play along.