Monday, December 12, 2011

Well...

All of a sudden I'm feeling really under prepared and nervous for my big race on Saturday.  I think this stems from missing the last long run of my training schedule.  Heather and I had planned, on Saturday, to go to Mt. Pisgah to give one of the loops of the race another go around and get 10-12 miles in.  Instead, I spent most of Friday night "worshiping the porcelain throne".  We went to a church Christmas party Friday evening that was "Christmas Around the World" where there were all kinds of tasty things to eat, from Japan and the Netherlands and Germany and Mexico and either the combination of all those things didn't sit well with me or someone spiked the hot chocolate, or maybe it was just something else entirely... either way I was sick, sick, sick.  When I finally peeled myself off the bathroom floor and climbed back into bed I texted Heather to let her know I wouldn't be waiting outside for her at 6:15.  Then of course I woke up at 5:45am feeling somewhat better and wanting to go after all but came to my senses and decided it wouldn't be the best idea.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I was thinking I would be able to make up the run Saturday afternoon or evening but it ended up being a pretty horrid day all around and it never happened.  The thought crossed my mind to head out yesterday to get the mileage in but it's really a rare occasion that I do any training on Sunday.  I could've have done it and it would have been fine, but I rationalized that spending the afternoon watching Anne of Green Gables with Emmeline, making a nice and tasty dinner for us to eat and then decorating the Christmas tree would have a more lasting effect on my family then me traipsing off to run 12 miles by myself.  I don't regret it either.  I just feel slightly underprepared.  I shouldn't though, we've put in the miles, we know the course (except that one little part that I'm still not sure about) and in the end it will all be great (remind me I said that when I can't get out of bed Sunday morning and am unable to use stairs for a week).

Today, I'm already behind on my running.  Leona has a terrible cough and just "really doesn't feel very well" "wants to stay in her jammies all. day. long." for the second day in a row so I will not be dragging her out in the stroller( I will drag her to the store though as we desperately need food).  I had planned to get up early and do an easy 4 miles without the stroller but instead snoozed until it was after 6am and too late to go.  Now is when I really wish I had a treadmill.  I will get it done tonight after the kids are in bed I just hate it when I get all my stuff ready the night before, tell myself that no matter what I will get up and go and then still flake out.

Anyway, that's enough rambling for this Monday morning.  As a bonus, here's a pic for you.  I made a bunch of cookies to take to the Christmas party on Friday.  When I had my back turned Jonny kept sneaking them.  He's smart though, instead of just taking bites of the same cookie, each time he got a chance, he sneaked a different cookie.  He had snagged three different cookies before I caught him in the act.  I then put the rest of the cookies away and was going to take a picture of the cookies he attacked.  I lined them up but before I could snap the picture he was at it again...
Oh, and just for fun, here he is trying to kill himself again...

Never a dull moment with that kid in the house.

9 comments:

eep said...

Holy moly, I died when I got to the last picture. So funny1

Julie @ Hotlegs Runner said...

Good decision on your part. Sunday is rest day and family day for me as well =)

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

You're going to be fine next Saturday. Can't wait to hear all about it. What is it about little boys? They're crazy!

Mom_2_Pippa said...

That last picture is awesome!! If I had a soap holding in my bathtub, it would happen here also. Instead, I had to scoop a 1 year old who screamed and yelled to get out of the tubby, back out of the tubby after he wanted back in with his brother...clothes and all!

Teamarcia said...

OMG that is a ca-razy pic! Sorry you missed your run.

Fruit Fly said...

Ooh boy - yeah, I think NOT running was the better idea.... especially since Anne of Green Gables as your other option. That's Anne ... with an e! LOVE HER!!!

Raina said...

Ha! He is like a little bat!!

Good choice to stay in. You are the perfect candidate for a treadmill though! :)

mommyrunfast said...

That pic is hilarious! I hear you on wanting a treadmill... today is one of those days for me, as it's gross outside and L is too sick to go to the Y. Guess I'll be going this evening!

Stephanie said...

hahaha your kids are so awesome!!!. . . and so are you hehe