Friday, December 2, 2011

I ♥ Oregon.

I happened across this really cool time lapse video on Fast Enough (formerly "(Long) Road to Paradise" from Teri, a great Oregon running blogger - Thanks!!) and just had to steal borrow it for my blog too.  Doesn't it make you want to get outside and enjoy everything around you?  I so love the state I live in.  We have the best combination of everything here in Oregon.  
Finding Oregon from Uncage the Soul Productions on Vimeo.

Speaking of our great state, we have a great football team that will be playing tonight, right here in Eugene for the Pac 12 Championship game.  Go Ducks!!!  It should be a great game and in all reality UCLA doesn't stand a chance... Rose Bowl here we come!!!!!!!  (Need some more exclamation points?!)

As for running, it's amazing the difference a day makes.  Wednesday's run was terrible but when I headed out yesterday it was a completely different run.  It might have something to do with the fact that both Leona and Jonny fell asleep within the first mile and stayed that way for the remaining 6 1/2.  Something about not being serenaded "Old MacDonald" the entire time made the run a lot more pleasurable.

Tomorrow morning, Heather and I are headed back to Mt. Pisgah, this time for a 24 mile tour.  If everything goes well, I think I'll finish filling out my entry form for the Frozen Trail Fest 50K and actually get it turned in.  We talked about waiting a few days until we had recovered from the run to see how recovery went, but I think it will be best to drop off the entry on the way home before the mud on my legs dries and the stiff muscles have a chance to set in.  It's probably a good idea to register for the race before I start tapering for it.

Good luck to all the Las Vegas runners this weekend and everyone else.  Run Happy & Run Strong!

2 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Great video, I think it would make a great ride at Disney. "Soarin Oregon", anyone?

Go Ducks! I wish the game would be a bit more exciting, UCLA is going to get rolled.

Teri S. said...

I think Oregon deserves all the love it can get! Glad you loved the video.

I have never heard of the Frozen Trail Fest 50k - or even Mt Pisgah, for that matter. I feel like a big 'ole failure of an Oregonian. Have you run it before? Now I'm totally curious about that race...