Friday, December 16, 2011

6 Hours (probably more)

Soooo, tomorrow, at this time, I'll be about an hour into my 6+ hour run.  Six. Hour. Run.  That is a long time to be running.  It's a good 2 hours longer than I've ever run before.  I think I'm starting to get a bit nervous.  I've been thinking about all the things that I could do in 6 hours... there's a lot of stuff.


  • I could drive to my parent's house in Klamath Falls, circle their cul de sac, blow them a kiss and make it back to Eugene in 6 hours.  In 6 1/2 hours, I could actually get out of the car and give them hugs.


  • I could go for a really nice, leisurely, long run, come home, take a long, hot shower, have lunch and take a nap in 6 hours.


  • I could skip out on the run all together, sleep in, take a nice long hot shower, have lunch and take an even longer nap in 6 hours.


  • I could wash, dry, fold and put away every dirty piece of laundry in my house (that's 6 people's worth) in 6 hours.  (Who am I kidding, though, that would never happen!!)


  • I could bake, decorate and eat several dozen cupcakes in 6 hours... probably some cookies too.


  • I could go on an amazing shopping spree, come home, try everything on, get buyers remorse and then return everything in 6 hours.


  • I could probably read a pretty decent sized novel... or two.


  • I could watch an entire season of Arrested Development.
  • I could even make, wrap and stand in line at the post office to mail that last Christmas gift that I've been putting off...


There is a lot of stuff I could do in 6+ hours.  Instead, I've chosen to run around and around and around and over the muddy, slippery, probably not so frozen trails of Mt. Pisgah.  Sometimes I think I need to reconsider my priorities....

What could you do in 6+ hours??

7 comments:

Beth said...

I can't think of one thing I'd rather do for six hours than run. Enjoy!!!

Amber said...

It is makes you feel any better, my full marathon PR is 6:46. Granted I was race walking but 6+ hours on the feet is still a long time! Have fun and be safe! You are setting such a great example for your kids...even though something might seem crazy or impossible, it you want to do it, go for it! :)

mommyrunfast said...

Wow, when you put it that way, it does sound a little crazy. :) I'm sure you'll have an amazing time! And what a great run to add to your running resume!

Becca said...

Shopping spree and buyers remorse so true :)
Good luck on your big run and enjoy the quiet for 6 hours!

JazznJenna said...

I could maybe run 1/10th the distance that you could run in 6 hours?
He he :).

But seriously, that sounds like a pretty well-spent day if you ask me...doing something that makes you feel great? It may be approaching the question of "when is too much of a good thing too much", but for you, I'm sure it's not crossing the line. Enjoy!

Raina said...

I hope you had a great race today!

Marci said...

I love this post.