Thursday, December 1, 2011

5 miles of "Old MacDonald"...

Although it can be a pretty entertaining song, after 5 miles, even "Old MacDonald" sung repeatedly by an ever more annoying amazing 3 year old can start wearing on one's nerves.  "Mommy, what sound does a worm make?"  And on his farm he had a worm... e i e i o.  "How about a snail?"  I do know that a snail makes a nice crunching sound when being squished beneath the tires of the jogging stroller.

The good news is we ran for 10 miles, so at least I didn't have to listen to it the entire time.  The bad news is, Leona didn't start singing until the last 5 miles (the first 5 miles she just talked nonstop...what happened to naps in the stroller?!). There were also a few reprieves where she substituted in a few verses of "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya" from Drop Kick Murphy's and "Ganja Smuggling" from Eek-A-Mouse... only the best of songs for our kids :P  Needless to say when we passed people, we got a few interesting looks.

I'd  tell you that the rest of my run went well, but that would be a complete lie.  It was a terrible run.  I just wasn't into it.  My legs seemed heavy and I just couldn't go.  I had planned to maybe do 8 miles but for some reason ended up with 10.  I think subconsciously I was trying to run until I was enjoying it or maybe I was running further as a punishment for not enjoying it.  (I really can't explain the twisted ways my mind works.)  Either way, when all was said and done I had 10 miles which I guess was a good thing for a middle of the week run.

We did manage to run by Autzen Stadium.  Tomorrow night is the big Pac 12 Championship game (go Ducks!!), so they are getting things all geared up for that.  I love to see Autzen, however, I'm not sure I like to see it with a big UCLA sign on it.
Today Leona has a really bad hacking cough.  I'd like to believe me taking her out in the stroller doesn't have anything to do with it.  You should see how I bundle them up with extra socks and blankets and beanies... not to mention the rain cover because no matter the weather we almost run into some rain, plus it keeps the wind off.  However, by the time we got back to our house, she had managed to take off not only her coat but her shoes and socks as well.  Jonny on the other hand was nice and toasty as she had merely piled everything up on him.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I just really love your blog.