Friday, November 11, 2011

Best day in the history of the world...

Okay, so that is probably a bit dramatic for a title but it is my favorite day ever.  11/11/11... doesn't get much better than that.  I couldn't let it slip away without getting some sort of a post in.  11 is my favorite number, always has been.  I'm not really sure why, probably because November (the 11th month) is my birth month.  Or maybe it's because two ones are better than just one.  It's like being number one twice.  :)

It has actually been a pretty good day.  Last night, when Dan got home from work, I found my lost running motivation.  It came in the form of, "So, are you ready to get out there and run now, because you should."  Me, "So, you read my blog?"  D - "Yep, you need to go running."  So, after a little bit... off I went.  It was of course a fantastic run as it seems runs usually are when I don't really think I want to take them.  Because I ran last night, I felt better today and was able to enjoy a true rest day today.

Because of the holiday, the kids were out of school and the courts were closed, so Dan was out of work.  Calvin had a birthday party that lasted most of the day, so Emme and I decided to make it a girls day out.  First off she hung out at the salon with me while I got my hair cut, then we hit up a nice bagel place for lunch before heading to a local pottery place to paint some pottery.  We had a lot of fun.  Miss Emmeline and I don't take the opportunity to enjoy each other's company enough, it was very good for both of us.

Now, we're waiting for dinner to come knocking on our door (mmmm, yummy pizza!!) and then I'm going to head out for a big girl's night out.  I'm going to a "favorite things party" which I think is going to be awesome.  I've never been to one before, but basically you take one of your favorite items (in triplicate) and come home with the favorite items of three other people.  I'm taking black and grey stripey bamboo knee socks along with a package of Starbucks' salted caramel hot chocolate.  Not too much I like more than wearing warm socks and drinking yummy hot chocolate.

So, that's it.  After having my pity party yesterday, I went for a run and all was right in the world again.  Heather and I are going to hit up the trails tomorrow morning for a nice 12+ miles, which should get me through the rest of the weekend.  We (Oregon Duck Football) have a big game tomorrow night against Stanford so if you need something fun to do turn on the game and cheer for the ducks!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Happy Running!!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a very blessed amazing day! :) You deserve it!!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

I had girls night last night too, but without presents. I just love salted caramel anything!

Marci said...

I just want you to know that I think you are one tough chick. I hope the run was great and I know the game was.