Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Week

Well, it's been almost a complete week since I last blogged, so I figure I'm quite due for a post.  I've been feeling a little bit blah lately and have been trying to stay on top of things at home and have hardly even opened my computer.  Right now, however,  I'm sandwiched on the couch between my two favorite cuddlebugs
and happen to have computer in hand so it seems like a good time to blog.  Although, now all they want to do is take more pictures.  :)

Anyway, here is some randomness:

This is the next to last week of soccer for Emme and Calvin.  They both have practice tonight, Emme has a game on Saturday then next week involves three practices between the two of them, a Tuesday night game for Emme and then of course on Saturday, the day I'll be running the Columbia River Marathon, both kids have their last game at exactly the same time... at different locations.  Should be fun for Dan to handle while simultaneously caring for the other two kids.  I have a feeling I might be slightly missed at that point.  :)

Speaking of my race, it's almost surreal how soon it is... just over a week.  I've been riding a roller coaster of feelings with regards to it.  I go from being super excited about running it with visions of PRs and top age group placings to doubts about my abilities to finish it at all.  I took all of last week off from running in an attempt to rest and heal my knee/IT band after our last long training run.  Monday, I headed out for an easy 6 and made it just over 5 before alternating a walk/jog/limp for the last 1/2 mile home.  I've been doing better with icing and foam rolling though and yesterday I picked up an "IT Band Wrap" and wore it on a 5 miler.  It was a completely pain free run.  I'm trying not to get too excited though with it being just one run.  I have to factor in the fact that Emme and Calvin were along on their bikes... this made for a pretty slow pace with lots and lots of breaks.  I plan to take the wrap out again for a "real" 5 miler today and see if it can repeat it's magical powers.  (It's got to have magical powers, the insert has a picture of Scott Jurek wearing it... I know he has special powers.)  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Kris said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

XLMIC said...

Hoping you get that pain-free run :) And hoping that your race is AMAZING!!!!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Your cuddle bugs are so cute! Hope that leg feels better!

Julie D. said...

Good luck next week!!! Hope you have a amazing, pain free marathon!

Fruit Fly said...

Ooh, have fun at Columbia River! I can't wait to read all about it!

GM said...

Good luck. Nice pic.