Friday, October 14, 2011

Long Live the Pumpkin Fairy

I just had a visit from the Pumpkin Fairy.  She came bearing pumpkin cookies laced with white chocolate goodness:

She pretty much rocks!  Luckily she also texts, otherwise those poor pumpkin cookies might have sat on my doorstep all night with no one to eat them... that would have been a huge shame.

Here's the back story:

When I was pregnant with Jonny I discovered Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream, which set in motion an extreme craving for all things pumpkin flavored.  Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake... you name it and I craved it.  (I thought I blogged about it, but alas I cannot find it in the archives... oh well.)  Well, eventually the pregnancy (and pumpkin season) came to an end but this time of year, it never seems to fail, the craving returns in full force.  Unfortunately, the Ben & Jerry's is hard to come by, last year I only found it at one store and only twice and this year I haven't seen it anywhere.  Luckily, though, the Pumpkin Fairy knows of my need and is kind and generous enough to brave the dark and dreary Eugene night to deliver fresh baked and super tasty pumpkin cookies right to my door step.  I don't think it gets much better than that.  Thank you great and wonderful Pumpkin Fairy.  I ♥ you.

In running news, I ran 5 miles yesterday at a much more realistic pace and without all the stops as the day before and although the IT Wrap might not be quite as magical as I had originally hoped I do think it is helpful.  Heather and I are headed out for 8 in the morning which will be the real test.  Hopefully it will leave me with renewed hope and optimism for next week's race.  If nothing else, I plan to fuel with and indulge post run with magical pumpkin cookies... maybe they will help.  :)  Did I mention that the Pumpkin Fairy runs too... that has to come into play somewhere.  Hope you all have a great and happy weekend filled with running and yummy pumpkin flavored treats.

2 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Good luck this morning!
Go Ducks! I hope Game Day stays out of your way.

Fruit Fly said...

Well the Pumpkin Fairy must like you a lot to give you your special cookies!