Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I ♥ Wednesday

Wednesday is a pretty great day.  It's half way through the week... there's still time to get things done around the house before the weekend and at the same time it is almost the weekend... which IS my favorite part of the week.  Emme and Calvin have early release on Wednesdays which I've come to appreciate.  They are still gone long enough that we can have a break from each other but they get home early enough in the day that we have time to do some fun stuff in the afternoon.  (Today, the library is on the agenda.)  Also, because they get home not too long after eating lunch, they aren't quite as likely to clean out the cupboards down to the tiniest crumb.

Another thing I love about Wednesdays is it is Survivor night.  I think the reason I love the show so much is because it is the one TV show that Dan and I actually watch during the week.  It's a mini date night of sorts and I look forward to it all day.  We get our kids to bed and sometimes make some popcorn and just enjoy and hour of mindless TV together.  It's great and is just enough to get me through the rest of the week.

From a running standpoint, Wednesdays are normally my speedwork day.  It's probably a bit sadistic, but I really love speed days.  In my opinion, nothing beats a good set of intervals around the track or a tempo run that makes you feel like you're going to puke.  It goes quickly and when you're done the sense of accomplishment at what you've completed is second to none.  That being said, I skipped my speedwork today.  We had mile repeats on the schedule, our last long set of them before the marathon and I was really looking forward to it.  However, my knee isn't really looking forward to any running right now.  I'm trying to be good and patient and listen to it.  I've taken all the runs off my schedule this week.  I'm hoping that a week of no running won't be too detrimental to my overall fitness level but be enough to help my knee recover.  The little bit of confidence my 22 miler instilled in me is quickly evaporating as each day passes and my knee continues to be bothersome.  But since this was supposed to be a positive post about how much I enjoy this day of the week, I'll leave it at that.

Happy Wednesday everyone... do something wacky to celebrate!

6 comments:

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Darn knee.
I bet you like today since it's one day before your Ducks take on Cal. We'll be down at the game tomorrow night. Hoping it really won't rain at Autzen, or I'm heading over to your house where it's dry!

Kristin said...

oh man that knee! I'm sure a week of rest will be fantastic for you- don't let it topple your confidence. Imagine yourself getting stronger as you rest- imagine your batteries charging.

I love Survivor too. We watch it as a family and really enjoy it. My husband and I have started watching Parenthood together on Tuesday nights after the kids are in bed. That's been a lot of fun.

Katrina said...

Oh, how I wish that picture of Johnny was from today. Wouldn't that be great?! It would make today into a really amazing Wednesday.

trifitmom said...

i am not loving this season of survivor, but i do normally love that show. but we are the same with the office (use to be ) now modern family. we wait to watch together.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Poopy knee! You are one of the toughest chicks I know, I aspire to be like you!

Fruit Fly said...

You just made me want to go out and do speed work. All I had to see was you reference wanting to puke and I thought, "I'm in!!"