Monday, September 5, 2011

Life is good...

Right now I'm chilling by a campfire next to a lake in the beautiful Oregon mountains. As soon as I got out of the shower upon completing my race yesterday, we loaded up and headed camping. Dan's parents were already at the campsite with Emme and Calvin and had our tent set up and food just waiting to be eaten... that's the way to camp! Dan has some extra time off work after the holiday and the kids don't start school until Wednesday so will be here through tomorrow. So far it's been fun and since we're looking to head out on the lake in not too long it's bound to be a great day. Although after sleeping on the ground last night, Dan and I will be pulling rank and stealing the cots that our oldest two kidlings scored by coming early with Nana & Papa.
As for my race yesterday, I couldn't be happier. I'll do a full report later this week but the super short version is everything turned out better than expected and despite all my whining about not being ready for this race, I managed a pretty decent PR! No more race report spoilers though. :)

I hope everone had a great weekend. Enjoy the holiday. Happy running!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Since I was at your race, I can say very well done. I am proud of you. I hope you have had a fun time camping.

Dick said...

Good job, Laurie! You're amazing! Glad you PRd...looking forward to reading your re-cap. I'd like to see pictures, but since your mother is electronically challenged and only got a shot of your back as you crossed the finish line I'll just have to rely on my imagination.

Tricia said...

enjoy!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Have a great time, and way to go on the PR!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

CONGRATS!! We have super similar PR's...course mine are OLD.. Guess I should dust them off soon huh?? Excited to read the report..