Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maybe it's just me...

but I always want to be running.  It doesn't matter what time of day it is or what the weather is if I'm outside (or even more likely driving in a car) I wish I was running.  I don't think that I have a favorite time to run or a favorite weather to run in... I like to do it all.  It doesn't even matter if my legs are tired and if I've already gone for a run, if I see someone running or there is a slight breeze or it starts raining or it's blazing hot and I see a sprinkler overlapping the street I want to be out there running in it.

Where we live in Eugene, halfway between the U of O and the Adidas Amazon bark trail, there are constant streams of runners going by our house and I always wish I was out there running with them.  My husband often accuses me of checking out "hot guys" as they run by, but I check out the girls just as equally and it has little to do with their bodies but more what they are using their bodies for.  If they were merely walking by or even riding down the street naked (okay, that might catch my attention) I probably wouldn't give them much thought.  I love running.  I think I drive Dan crazy because any time we talk about going somewhere or planning a trip or moving or even just looking at pictures of places my comments usually center around all the cool new places I could run.  If my body would let me, I seriously think that I could run forever and ever several times a day, every day.

Some day, I think that will be the case.  I will run in the morning.  I will run in the evening.  I will run for hours and hours without stopping.  Right now though, I have to listen to my Achilles and listen to my knee and be glad that I've been getting in the runs I have been able to.  Someday though I will run and run and I will not stop.  Running makes me happy.

4 comments:

P said...

"Like!"
I find myself thinking the same thing about bicycling these days, too. I saw a group of cyclists on my way home from work and all I wanted to do in the world was go for a ride.

Dick said...

It's addicting, Laurie. Even though I'm riding close to 150 miles per week I spend a lot of time thinking how nice it would be to be running instead. Maybe it's because I can't do it...when I was running I'd spend time thinking how nice it would be to be on a bike.

XLMIC said...

Here's hoping your Achilles and knee get the memo SOON! You need to be out there running :) And it WILL be the way you want it... sooner if you let things heal.

Beana said...

yes, always. When I see people running, when I see an area that would be a good run, when I'm happy I want to run, when I'm sad I want to run. Someday when my kids are in school and I have more time, I can see myself running at least an hour a day...maybe more!