My very first blog post was on August 13th, 2007. We had recently moved to Eugene for Dan to go to law school. Dan started a blog about his 1L year and not wanting to be outdone, I started a blog too. I didn't really have anything to blog about so I decided to have a running log of sorts. My original blog title was "Laurie's Running Log Blog" and the entire first month of posts (all 8 of them) were about my running adventures. It's been kind of fun to look back at them. At the time, I had no idea there were any running blogs out there, I had no idea how to upload pictures, and I definitely didn't have any idea that anyone outside of my parents/grandma/in-laws would ever read my blog.
Since my last blogiversary, that I did celebrate, I have done quite a few things that I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for this whole blogging community:
- I ran my first and second half marathon and am about to run my third.
- I ran my first and second marathon and am about to run my third.
- I've had my first, second and third blog meetups and have made some pretty decent blog friends.
- I've stockpiled quite a bit of running stickers and started a running journal.
- I've learned a lot about training and racing and fueling.
- I've started taking a lot more self-portrait pictures "for my blog" than I ever thought I would
- I've bought/won so many gadgets that I just HAD to have that I never even knew existed (foam roller, the stick, pepper spray, Garmin, running skirts, compression socks...)
and probably more than anything
- I've stayed motivated to run and race and try new things, thanks to a fantastic community of like minded bloggers.
Thank you all for reading my blog and for your comments. It's been a fun 4 years and I'm sure there will be many more years to come. The other day I was trying to figure out what I will change my blog title to when I'm no longer using the jogging stroller... good thing I have at least 4 more years to figure that out.
And since, I've also learned that most posts are better if they have a picture, here are a couple bonus pictures of my "little princess".
The Hawaiian Fairy Princess:
and of course
The Hillbilly Ballerina Princess
I don't know what her deal is lately with boycotting shirts, but it wouldn't be Noni if it was something normal.