Thursday, July 14, 2011

So excited!

I just got back from a 5 mile run.  To be exact, it was 5.01 miles and it took me 39:35, which works out to a 7:54 average pace.  Although that is fairly speedy for an "easy" run (for me at least), the thing that I am most excited about is that I did the entire run pain free... not even a twinge from my knee!!  After almost a month of resting combined with puny little runs that left me hobbling home it feels so good to have a glimpse into pain free (distance) running again.  With Hood to Coast less than 2 months away and a few other big races soon after that, I couldn't be happier with the way my run went tonight.  Anyway, that's it... just wanted to share.  Hooray, it's almost the weekend!!

8 comments:

P said...

YAY for pain free!!!

Heather said...

Yeah. I am glad you could enjoy your speedy run!

Alanna said...

Did I miss the boat about you running HTC? I looked back at your comment on my blog about seeing me out there and I think I misinterpreted it as you spectating, not running... Who are you running with?

Amanda@runninghood said...

S o wonderful!!! Yay! You running HTC?? so cool. Maybe I'll see you there.

Dick said...

Glad you're feeling like Wonder Woman again, Laurie! Make sure you don't overdo it and re-injure your Achilles or your knee.

Fruit Fly said...

Awww! What a relief for you!

XLMIC said...

Pain-free... no finer words! That is so great, Laurie! I really hope to see you in Oregon in the end of August ;-)

Buckwheat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.