Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July recap and some winners...

Yesterday was a lot of fun.  Outside of doing one load of dishes, I didn't do a single bit of housework.  Why yes, we did just get home from vacation and yes we did leave the house pretty trashed when we rushed out the door and no I haven't unpacked anything which means my kids have been tearing through their suitcases to find clothes to wear and yes, I do have A LOT to do today to get our house livable, but yesterday I did nothing and it was lovely.  Yesterday, we did go to an awesome potluck breakfast with pancakes and fruit and potatoes and bacon and the best homemade strawberry syrup ever.  :)  It was a great time, outside of the fact that several people came after running Butte to Butte... and they were really stinky... ha ha, just kidding.  They did however have an awesome glow that said, "I just ran a really fun race and had a great time doing it!"  And their subglow said, "Laurie, where were you?  Did you run?  I thought you were going to run too?!"  And then I felt sad because I don't like to miss out on races... I didn't even get up to go and watch and cheer on my friends... how lame am I?!  Congrats though, to everyone that ran it, you all rock!  After breakfast we hung out around the house.  I made some cupcakes, (which is the only thing I have pictures of, show I'll show you... remember that part about not unpacking, yeah, can't find the camera)
 we played in our wading pool, then we went to a friend's house for a BBQ and some firework fun.  It was a great time.

Anyway, the real reason you're here... I have a couple winners!  Thanks again to Sony for the prizes and to all of you who entered.  It was really interesting reading what songs you picked.  Without further ado, here are the two lucky winners:
#26, who was Katy of The Weatherley Adventure and is currently training for the Portland Marathon:

and #41, who was Katrina of The Funk Family (a private blog) who is currently training for her first half marathon at the Wildwood Trail Marathon.  

Katy went with a nice country song (yes, there are a FEW nice country songs) that had sentimental value and Katrina went with a bitchin' 80's song (complete with the big hair) that I'm sure most of you would have a hard time not belting out the lyrics to if you happened to come across it... admit it, you're singing it right now aren't you?!

So, congrats ladies... you are now proud owners of the Sony W Series Walkman MP3 Player to which you can upload your favorite song to listen to over and over and over again!!  Send me and email with your address and I'll get it right out to you.  Also, way to go PNW representing!!

10 comments:

P said...

Yay, congrats to the winners!! And yes, I AM singing Bon Jovi right now. :)

Run with Jess said...

Nice! Congrats winners!

Emz said...

YAY winners!!!!!!!!!

I love the 80's [bitchin' 80's especially] ;)

XLMIC said...

Congrats to the winners :)

So glad you had a nice 4th, Laurie :)

Amanda@runninghood said...

Hey Laurie. Glad you had a good 4th. The weather was perfect for the 4th...so great! And congrats to Katy!

Fruit Fly said...

I wondered if you ran. I refused to let myself even think that there was a race going on and I wasn't there. I just didn't have it in me this year - maybe in 2012!

I'm glad you didn't do chores! :)

Katrina said...

Yea!!!! Thanks Laurie!!! I'm so excited, and I've already rocked it twice now. Pretty much it's awesome. And yeah, that strawberry syrup was ah-mazing. I think I'm going to finish the rest of it by pretending it's a smoothie. That's healthy, right?

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

I want those cupcakes :)

Teamarcia said...

Sounds like you had fun! Those cupcakes look divine.

runnerchick said...

Yeah I second that- cupcakes look yummy!